Australia

Chapter Seventy Nine

Nick's POV

I glanced over at Sam in the passenger seat of my car. I smiled at her. She looked so cute. He white denim mini skirt made her tanned legs stand out. Her white singlet made the deep purple long singlet shirt thing she was wearing pop. Her hair was curly just how I like it. I was glad I had picked up a white bandana to use as a blindfold.

"Nick!" she whined. "Where are we going?"

"Just wait and see," I assured her. "There's not much longer."

"Can't you just tell me?" I glanced at her and she turned her head to smile at me.

"Nope," I grinned; not that she could see it.

She huffed and crossed her arms across her chest and pouted. I smiled at her appearance and focused back on the road. After a few moments I turned into a carpark and shut off the car.

"We're here," I told Sam and opened my door. I walked around to the other side and opened the door for Sam. I leant into the car and started untying the blindfold.

"Keep your eyes shut alright?" I said. "Promise me?"

"I promise," she smiled.

I slipped off the blindfold and sure enough, her eyes were closed. I waved my hand in front of her face. It brought no reaction. She had her eyes squeezed shut and a smile on her face. I couldn't help but smile myself.

"Give me your hands," I told Sam.

She held up her hand; blindly searching for mine. I slipped my hands into hers. They were soft and warm.

"Out of the car," I ordered.

Sam turnedher body; bringing her feet in contact with the concrete beneath us. She stood up, still holding my hands. I took a step bac and she followed. I bumped the door shut with my hip. I held her hands tightly and started backing down a set of wide wooden steps.

"Carefully take off your flip flops," I told Sam. I let go of one of her hands and she slipped off her shoes; bending down to pick them up. I held her free hand and led her down onto the sand. I stopped a few feet from the water.

"Drop your shoes," I told her and she did.

I stepped behind her and placed my hands over eyes. She giggled and I smiled.

"What's happening?" she asked me.

I stood close behind her. I slid my hands away from her face.

"Open," I said smiling and wrapping my arms around her waist from behind.

I heard Sam gasp. I looked out at the view from my position behind Sam; my chin resting down on her shoulder. The sunset was just hitting the ocean cascading a deep purple across the surface of the ocean. It contrasted with the light pinks and purple of the horizon.

"Oh Nick," Sam exclaimed. "It's beautiful. Thank you."

"You're welcome, beautiful," I whispered into her ear.

She adjusted herself in my arms and turned to face me. I kepy my arms wrapped around her waist. She smiled up at me. She lifted one hand and rested it on my bicep; the other found its way to my jawline. She traced it with her fingers before moving further north and running her fingers through my hair. I felt gentle tugs as her fingers negotiated the knots in my curls. She leaned up and pressed her lips lightly to mine. I kissed her back softly before pulling away.

"You're amazing, Nick," she told me.

Sam traced the shape of my lips with her thumb and I kissed it. She giggled. I smiled at her again and she grinned.

"I try," I shrugged.

"I mean it," she said softly. "You always do something so special. Why?"

"I'd go to the ends of the Earth, if it meant seeing that gorgeous smile on the beautiful face," I rested my forehead against hers. She smiled and bit her lip.

"Can we sit?" she asked and I nodded.

She removed herself from my embrace and slid her hand into mine; lacing our fingers together. She sat in the sand and pulled me down beside her. I leaned back on my hands; my ankles crossed in front of me. I looked over at Sam. She was breathtaking. The sunset cast golden highlights over her features making her skin glow. Her eyes sparkled beautifully. She flicked her hair back leaving her shoulders exposed. She looked over to me and smiled.

"I love you Nick," she told me; her whole face lighting up.

"I love you too."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I sat up quickly and glanced around the room. Frankie lay in his bed still curled up. The room was brightly lit with the sun coming through the window. I closed my eyes again and wiped the drool from the side of my mouth with the back of my hand. I turned; sliding my legs off the bed, my sock clad feet coming in contact with the carpet beneath them. I groaned and rubbed my head. I leaned forward with my forearms resting on my thighs. I bit my lip to stop the tears that had formed in my eyes from sliding their way down my cheeks.

It was just a dream.
♠ ♠ ♠
Nick's heartbroken.
Who wants to give him a hug?
Comments?
:)