Australia

Chapter Eight

Samantha’s POV

I can’t believe I just spent the whole night talking to Joe Jonas. At first, I was a complete idiot; stuttering out answers to the questions he asked. He surprised be by remaining interested. He never stopped talking. The conversation flowed like we’d known each other forever. It was like we were best friends. When Joe asked me to hang out with him again later today, my stomach did a back flip and my heart soared. I was waiting for the inevitable unconsciousness but it didn’t come.

I tried to be smooth; kissing him on the cheek was a test for me. I did it without blushing; but I can’t say the same for him. I was so ecstatic when his cheeks turned a hue of pink. I had resisted the want to giggle at him. But, I didn’t want him to hate me. So now, I stand in the elevator beside Robert “Big Rob” Feggans. I slid my high heels back on, one at a time, holding onto Rob so as to not lose my balance and go crashing onto my butt; as funny as that would be for Rob to see. The elevator stopped on the bottom floor and Rob stepped out, instructing me to follow him.

We stepped out into the morning light and I was swamped by reporters. I was hit by a wall of questions.
Who am I?
What’s my name?
Where am I from?
But one stood out.
“Which Jonas brother did you spend the night with?”

I turned and looked at the female reporter who has asked me this. Rob put his hand around my waist protectively; I told him it’s okay. I want to answer. I looked the reporter dead in the face.

“Well...”

Joe’s POV

Meanwhile, in the suite.

“Hey Joe!” Nick’s voice called me from the bathroom. “That girl from last night’s on TV.”

“What?” I ran out; a towel wrapped around my waist. A quick shower was all I had time for. “And her names Sam.”

“She’s getting questioned about last night,” Nick told me, moving over on the couch to let me sit down beside him. I paid close attention to the TV; to Sam talking to the reporters.

“I can’t believe she’s doing this,” I told Nick. He rested his hand on my still damp shoulder, before moving it and wiping his hand on his jeans.

“I guess they’re all the same, bro,” Nick said, disappointed for me.

“I thought she was different,” I looked down sadly. I looked back up at the tv. She still looked pretty; even all disheveled.

“Well,” Sam’s voice came from the speakers of the tv. “First of all, my names Samantha or Sam and I’m from right here in Sydney.” I sighed. It was a publicity thing for her. I stood up.

“Wait, Joe,” Nick told me.

“Let’s get something straight right here, Missy,” I turned back around to see Sam, annoyed face, sticking her finger up close to the reporters face. The camera man had a good angle. “I didn’t “spend the night” with one of the Jonas Brothers. Well, not in the way you think I'm going to admit. You reporters are all the same. You’re sick and perverted and you’re only looking for a story to plaster these boys with that will give them negative feedback while on tour here.”

Nick and I looked at each other incredulously. Is that my Sam? The Sam I had been speaking with all night; the one with the small, shy voice, who answered my questions with stutters. She was yelling at this reporter; all the reporters; telling them off, defending us.

“Seriously, what do you want me to say? That Joe Jonas picked me up from the concert last, took me back to his hotel room and banged my brains out? Is that what you want me to confess to you? If it is, you’re sicker than I thought. As a die hard fan of over three years I know those boys better than anyone; I can tell you that right now! The rings they wear on their fingers signify purity. Purity! Not, 'find some chick in a foreign country and bang her brains out.' You reporters are stupid; all of you; but especially you.” Sam continued, sticking her finger in the first reporters face again.

I couldn’t believe what I was hearing.

“Maybe you can try getting something positive about the Jonas Brothers for your magazines and newspapers; instead of bagging them out for giving a damn about a fan. I passed out at the concert last night. The boys cared enough to stay with me until I woke up. I stayed the night here, alone in a room asleep. Okay?”

“Why are you wearing Joe Jonas’ jacket from the concert last night?” The reporter wouldn’t give her a break.

“I was cold after the concert. My belongings that I had stored had been taken. Joe offered me his jacket to keep me warm. It was a gesture of a gentleman. Seriously, the Jonas Brothers are all heart. Maybe you should try it sometime,” Sam finished with the reporters and took Rob’s arm. He guided her to the limo and sat in the back with her; the camera followed the limo down the street before snapping back to the reporter.

“Well there you have it, folks,” she said, obviously flustered by what Sam had said. “The Jonas Brothers are all heart. This is Tina Roberts reporting. Back to you George.”

I sat down heavily on the lounge next to Nick again. He was still gaping at the screen.

“I can’t believe it,” he muttered finally.

“I know,” I told him. “Remind me to hug her when we see her.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I must admit, I'm proud of this chapter.