Australia

Chapter Eighty

Nick's POV

I was so tired. As pleasent as that dream was, it had only made the inner torment and frustration about Sam so much worse. Why did I have to feel this way? Why'd I have to be so "intense" as Joe would put it, all the time? Why did I always fall for the ones who didn't want me, weren't right for me or worse; were completely off limits. I pulled at my collar and wiped the tears that had escaped away with it. I got to my feet and walked over to Frankies bed. I shook him by the shoulder gently.

"Frankie," I said aloud. "Little man. Wake up."

Frankie stirred and rubbed his eyes. He squinted up at me; his eyes quickly adjusting to the light in the room.

"You okay Nicky?" he asked, half sitting up.

"Yeah, fine," I lied. "I'm going to take a shower. Go into mum and dads room okay? They'll get you ready for the flight home."

"Alright," Frankie tossed back the blankets. I turned away from him, starting to walk away when he grabbed my wrist in his pudgy little hand. I looked down at my little brother who looked back; sympathy clouded his still semi conscious expression.

"Whatever it is big bro, it'll turn out alright," Frankie nodded and released my wrist.

"I know," I fake smiled and tousled his hair. I turned away from him and wandered to the bathroom; grabbing some clothes from my case as I went. My smile turned into a frown. If only I could be 8 again.

Joes POV

I opened one eye slowly and found the room to still be shrouded in darkness. Thankful, I opened the other eye. My sights fell upon the beautiful sleeping girl beside me. I smiled down at Sam. She was curled into my side; her cheek resting on my chest, arm rested on top of the blankets. I focused on her left hand which sat on my chest just below her face. The ring on her finger was clearly visible even in the dim light. I still couldn't believe she had said yes.

I shifted my gaze back to her face. She looked so peaceful. I could get used to waking up beside her; not that mum and dad would allow that in their house. I frowned and moved slightly. I felt a weight over my left leg and guessed that Sam had hers wrapped around it. I smiled and allowed my eyes to slip closed again; wrapping my arm around Sam in the process.

Nick's POV

I stepped out of the shower and picked up my towel. I rubbed my hair furiously before drying the rest of my body quickly. I knew waking up Joe and Sam would more than likely be my responsibilty this morning. I pulled on a pair of my bonds boxers and a pair of dark blue jeans. As I tossed a light blue v-neck over my head, I looked at myself in the mirror. I frowned at my expression. Note to self; visit the barbers at home. I shook my head and left the bathroom. I looked around; Frankie was gone. Thankfully, one of my brothers listened to me.

I knelt beside my suitcase and lazily shoved all the clothes that were in a pile near the case into it. I closed the lid and zipped it up; snapping the buckles together as well. I stood up and dragged my case over to the end of my bed. I glanced around and made sure I hadn't missed anything. Nodding to myself I reached for my phone, wallet and room key and walked out into the hall; closing the door behind me.

I walked slowly to Joe and Sam's room. I rapt my knuckles against the door twice. No answer. I turned the handle and, finding it unlocked, pushed it open. The room was still dark. I shook my head and strode inside; over to the window. I drew the curtains, throwing light into the room.

"What the heck?"

Joe's mumble came from the bed and I turned around. My breathe caught and my heart plummetted to the bottom of my stomach. I felt those dreadful tears threatening to make an appearance again. The beds were pushed together. Sam was curled into Joe; one arm draped across him waist and her head on his chest. Joe's arm was around Sam. The other hand trying to block the sun from his eyes. He squinted at me from underneath his hand.

"Nick?" he mumbled again.

"Yeah," I replied after taking a moment to compose myself. "It's time to get up."

"Oh, alright," he rubbed his face with his free hand.

"Wake up your girlfriend," I told him flatly. "We have to get ready to go."

I walked quickly out of the room and closed the door. I was careful not to slam it; not wanting to wake Sam up. As much as I disliked the pair of them right no, Sam was Sam. Even if she isn't my Sam.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hate myself for hurting Nick. =/
Comments?
What are your thoughts?