Australia

Chapter Eighty Seven

Nick's POV

September 14. September 14. I shook my head at the date. It had been nearly a month since Sam and I had had a proper conversation; nearly a month since she had given me a hug, a kiss on the cheek or said more to me then "Goodmorning Nick," "How are you Nick?" or "Sleep well Nick." I didn't know why she was distancing herself from me so much. Had I done something or said something to make her hate me? I shook my head in response to my own question. I hadn't. I knew I hadn't. I sat back in the chair at the dinner table where I was sitting watching Frankie colour in a thick colouring book. I ran my hand through my hair. I still hadn't got it cut. I was far too distracted by Sam.

"So Nick," Frankie's voice came from his seat to my left.

"Mhm?" I replied.

"What do you want for your birthday?" he asked.

I snapped my head around to look at him. Birthday? I had completely forgotten about my birthday. I was turning 16 and I completely forgot.

"Her," I whispered.

"Her, who?" Frankie looked at me confused.

"Nothing, don't worry," I told him and looked away.

"Okay," he replied. I was suddenly thankful for his lacking attention span. "So what do you want?"

"I don't know," I shrugged. "Get me a gift voucher or something."

"Alright." I turned to see Frankie smiling his grin at me. I couldn't help but smile back at him. The smile felt foreign on my face. It had been a while since I had really smiled. You can guess when the last time was. I rubbed my head frustrated by how deep of a hole I had dug myself. With a sudden urge of adrenalin I stood up.

"Tell mum that I went out," I told Frankie.

"What do you say?" he grinned in response.

"Please?"

"Consider it done," he responded before focusing his attention back on his book.

I flew up the stairs. I heard Sam and Joe laughing in Joe's bedroom. I sighed and walked to mine. I pocketed my phone and wallet and grabbed my jacket to protect my self against the pending fall air. I made my way back down stairs and out to my car. I pulled the door open and slid inside. I stole a glance at myself in the rear view mirror.

"Time for a change, Nicholas," I told myself and started the car. "It's time for a change."
♠ ♠ ♠
Its short I know. =/
But there's more coming, I promise.
Comments?