Australia

Chapter Nine

Samantha’s POV

“I can’t believe that reporter!” I was so annoyed. How dare she assume something like that? I rubbed my head furiously. “Can you believe what she asked?”

Rob, being all stoic and bodyguardy just shook his head.

“I was so close to popping her one, right here,” I rested my fist just below Rob chin. He looked at me out of the corner of his eye. I sighed and sat back against the chair. “Sorry, Rob.”

“Don’t mention it,” his deep voice assured me. I smiled at him warmly. I gave the driver my address to type into his GPS before I leaned back. I took deep breaths to calm me down.

It wasn’t long before the limo came to a stop outside my house. Rob got out, closely followed by me. He walked me up the footpath and to my front door. I slid my key into the screen door and pulled it open. I did the same with the wooden door and stepped inside. Rob followed. I heard my mum gasp at the sight of the large man who had escorted me home.

“Mum, breathe,” I told her. “This is Big Rob. Or, just Rob if you prefer.” I explained what happened, in detail to my mum. She nodded, not taking her eyes off Rob who had sat down on the lounge beside my brother, who looked freakishly small text to Rob.

“So you’re going back out then?” Mum asked.

“Yeah,” I nodded. “If that’s okay; Joe’s taking me to breakfast.” My mum nodded in agreement and I hugged her, before taking off down the hallway, kicking my shoes off as I went. I took a quick shower and dried off. Walking into my room I pulled on my underwear. I decided on black skinny jeans, a white v-neck with a guitar on it and my red ballet flats. I slid my arms back into Joe’s jacket and took a look at myself in the mirror. I tilted my head, critiquing myself quietly. I pulled my hair up into a loose pony tail; shoving my sidekick into my back pocket and my keys in the front. I walked back out. Rob was drinking a cup of tea while chatting to my mum. I cleared my throat and smiled as I entered the room. Rob thanked my mum for the tea and walked outside.

“Mum,” I said, once Rob was out of ear shot. “Do I look okay?”

“You look beautiful honey,” she smiled at me, cupping my face in both hands and pressing a kiss to my forehead. "Oh, by the way, i saw you on the news just now."

"The news?" my body rippled with worry.

"Yes," Mum nodded. "I saw you have a major go at that reporter."

I cringed. I didn't want my mum seeing that outburst. Wait, if mum has seen it, then the boys might have too. I sighed.

"I wouldn't worry about it too much love," Mum assured me.

"Yeah, I guess," I nodded, still unsure.

“Now, go on. Your Prince Charming awaits you.” I smiled at my mum and brushed my fringe off my face, tucking it behind my ear. I walked outside pulling the door shut behind me.

“Come on, Samantha,” Rob instructed me.

“You can call me Sam if you want,” I offered. “I don’t really like “Samantha.”

Rob looked at me pointedly; I thought he smirked at me. He opened the limo door and I slid inside; him beside me before closing the door. We pulled away from the kerb and started back towards the city. Inside my head, a little song played over and over; “I'm having breakfast with Joe! I'm having breakfast with Joe!” I was excited, really excited. But I doubt that Joe shared my enthusiasm.