Australia

Chapter Ninety Two

Sam's POV

Telling Nick how I felt was the worst idea I had ever had in my life. That kiss; that small expression of affection has done a full 360 on me. He wouldn't leave me alone. Nick was always there. He would greet me in the mornings, bring me breakfast, sat by me and talked to me all day and he was the last person I would see before I went to bed.

I never thought I would regret what I did. It was bugging me and it was bugging Joe. Whenever Joe and I were sitting in the lounge, Nick would be right there with us. He came along on our morning runs and even came to the grocery store once or twice. This had been going on for 3 weeks; his constant clingyness. I felt like slapping him and I knew that Joe felt the same.

Joe and I were getting ready to go for a walk. The weather was starting to cool down as it was approaching the end of October which meant the walks were shorter but still worth while.

"Where are you guys off to?" Nicks voice chimed into my head as Joe and I stood by the front door pulling our jackets on.

"For a walk," Joe told him.

"Do you mind if I come?" Nick asked.

I sighed loudly and groaned.

"Yes Nick. I really freaking do mind!" I yelled at him.

I had cracked. Nick looked taken aback by the volume of my voice as well as my abruptness.

"I am sick of you always being there," I continued. "Can't you just leave me alone?"

I glared at Nick; his facial expression read hurt.

"I'll give you two a minute," Joe announced before walking outside.

I waited until Joe shut the door before turning on Nick again. My voice not as loud this time.

"Really Nick," I crossed my arms. "Do you really have to be so clingy?"

"What? Clingy?" he mimicked my stance.

"You won't give me a moment for myself," I told him.

"Well, excuse me if I thought what happened on my birthday might change things between us, Sam," he scoffed. "I was clearly mistaken."

He turned arouund and started to walk away. I moved quickly and grabbed his arm. A bolt of electricity ran up my arm and I looked at Nicks face.

"See, you feel it too," he told me, pulling his arm out of my grip.

"Feel what?" I played dumb.

Nick sighed loudly and grabbed my hand in his. The same electric shock hit me again. This time warmer and longer.

"That," he said and dropped my hand. "That inevitable connection we have."

"I don't know what you're talking about," I said flatly.

He rubbed his hand through his hair and looked at me.

"Whatever," he shook his head. "Regardless of if you feel something or not you can't just..."

He lowered his voice.

"...kiss me like that and expect me to forget it."

"But that's exactly what I want you to do Nick," I told him looking him in the eye. "Forget it. Forget that it ever happened, forget the letter. Just forget everything. Okay?"

I turned around and walked away from him. Nick didn't even try to stop me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Everytime Sam hurts Nick, a little bit of my heart breaks.
Comments yes?
What are you thinking?