Australia

Chapter Ninety Nine

Nick's POV

I had never really been into Halloween. Sure, I used to go trick or treating with my brothers but ever since I hit about twelve, it had lost its appeal. Meanwhile, Kevin and Joe loved it. As did my parents. They loved dressing up. I guess the halloween party was an excuse to get dressed up.

I didn't know what Sam was going as, or Joe, Tash or Kev for that matter. All the costumes were a secret. I hadn't told anyone what I was going as either. I stood standing in the full length mirror of mine and Frankies wardrobe. I was dressed as Alex Delarge from A Clockwork Orange. The costume included a pair of white skinny jeans, a white dress shirt, white suspenders and offwhite dress shoes. I had a black cane and a black bowler hat. I had taken great care with the star eye makeup around my right eye. I liked the costume idea and I thought I looked alright.

I wandered out of my bedroom. All of the bedroom doors were still closed along the hallway, as was the bathroom door. Secrecy was hard to do in a house with so many people. I walked down the stairs slowly; swinging the cane and took a seat on the couch. I tapped the cane against the floor board impatiently.

"Cute costume," I heard a voice from the stairs. I turned to see Tash walking towards me.

"Alice in Wonderland?" I asked her.

"Yep," she smiled and twirled.

The skirt of her blue and dress spun with her; her white knee socks sat right on her knee and the black high heels finished the ensemble. Her hair was teased and stuck out everywhere.

"Very nice," I smiled at her.

She moved and sat beside me on the arm of the lounge.
"Hey! Tash is Alice in Wonderland!" Frankies excited voice bounded towards us.

I turned to see my little brother skipping his way towards us in dark blue jeans, black boots and a long black trench coat. His hair was slicked back.

"Who are you, little man?" Tash asked him, straightening the lapel on the jacket.

"A mini me," Kevin replied entering the room, dressed exactly how Frankie was. "We are Terminators."

I looked my eldest brother in the eye. He had a scar drawn on his right cheek and his hair was gelled upwards in spikes. He held a fake gun in his hand.

"Nice," I half laughed.

"Clockwork Orange?" Kevin asked and I nodded in response. "Nice idea."

"Thanks,"

"You guys ready for a totally awesome costume?" Joes voice echoed from the stairs.

"Nothing will top the terminator, Joe," Kevin called back.

Joe wandered into the room and we all burst out laughing. Joe was decked in tight tan pants that were pulled up to his bellybutton and secured with a set of bright, almost lime suspenders. The blue and red checkered shirt clashed with the suspenders tragedically. He had a pocket protecter in the breast pocket as well as an arrangement of pens. His tartan socks; one blue, one red were pulled as far up as they could go with the pants tucked into them. But the funniest bit was his head. His hair was gelled or waxed flat to his head. A single curl was brought down and stuck to his forehead. The oversized, black glasses simply completed his nerdlike appearance. We continued laughing.

"See! Awesome costume," Joe exclaimed. He stretched out his suspenders and snapped them back; immediately rubbing his chest where it had hit.

"Are you sure that's a costume Joe?" Sam's voice was heard before she was seen.

She stepped into the loungeroom and her appearance hit me like a tonne of bricks. I could've sworn that my heart stopped. I simply stared. She was uncomprehendable. I gulped.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, what do you think of the costumes?
I know im yet to describe Sam's but what do you think of Nerd Joe, Terminator Kevin and Frankie, Alice in Wonderland Tash and Clockwork Orange Nick.
I'll be sure to post pictures of what the costumes look like.
Comments?
:)