Status: Completed.

Such a Typical Thing

Painting Flowers

I want to see your face and know I made it home;

The loud pounding pulled me back into the land of the living. I rolled over, brushing it off, thinking the neighbors were renovating again.

My eyes settled on the alarm clock across the room, showing that it was already 4:30. Holy hell, I'd slept the whole day away.

The pounding came again and I realized that someone was pounding on my door. I groaned as I rolled out of the warm retreat of my bed onto the floor. I grabbed the first fabric I could find and to my luck, it was a clean smelling t-shirt.

I tugged it on as I padded through the house, towards the front door. I unlocked the door and swung it open with a sigh.

On the other side of the door stood Remy Flyzik, and after five months, she still took my breath away.

Her hair was slightly longer and wavy. Her eyes were more radiant that I had remembered and her curves were pronounced in her dark jeans and olive v-neck.

“God,” I said, letting out my breath. “Am I still asleep or are you actually here?”

She smiled, taking a step forward, placing her hand on my cheek. I turned my head and kissed her wrist.

I let out a laugh, wrapping my arms around her tightly. I pulled her to me, catching the familiar scent of her perfume.

Now this felt good.

Remy

An hour later, I was curled up on Danny's sofa, relaxing while he was in the shower.

In the hour we'd spent talking, the sexual tension in the room had been heavy. Very heavy.

I took a deep breath, wondering if I'd made a mistake in coming here. When my parents found out, oh, I didn't even want to think about that. Right now, I just needed a way to be happy. And Danny made me happy.

When he walked out of the bathroom, shirt in hand and his hair still damp, I knew I'd made the right choice.

The rest of the evening consisted of Chinese take out, movies on demand, and our butts on the sofa. Halfway through Across the Universe, I'd fallen asleep.

I woke up as Danny was carrying me the short distance to his room.

“You're heavy,” he told me when he saw that I was awake.

“I am not,” I argued with a quiet sigh, wrapping my arms around his neck.

“You are too,” he argued as he placed my on the bed. He started to walk away, but I grabbed his wrist.

“Danny, why didn't you call me?” I asked finally.

He sighed, sitting down beside me. “I don't know,” he said after a long pause. “I wanted to, I really did. I just couldn't.”

“I want to be mad that you didn't even call, but I really don't care anymore,” I told him with a bit of a laugh.

“Good,” Danny said softly, leaning in to kiss me.

The feel of his lips against mine were better that I'd remembered. Old feelings stirred up and the unresolved tension of Warped took over quickly.

He pulled away enough to whisper, “I missed you so much,” and our lips joined again.

Hours later, I woke up with Danny's arm locked tightly around my waist. The clock across the room told me it was just after three in the morning. Sighing, I wiggled out of his arms and grabbed whatever I could find in the dark. The basketball shorts and tank top I'd been able to grab fit extremely loosely.

I tip-toed out of the bedroom and walked into the kitchen. I opened the fridge and pulled out the bottle of wine I'd seen earlier. I searched the cabinets for a wine glass and settled at the table, pouring myself a glass.

Halfway through my second glass, I heard footsteps from the bedroom. Danny came into the kitchen in a pair of plaid pajama bottoms.

“Did I wake you up?” I asked, taking another sip.

“Not really,” he said, grabbing a glass for himself and joining me at the table.

We sat in silence for several minutes.

“You're thinking hard about something,” Danny said finally.

“What?”

“You're drumming your fingers, frowning, and biting your lip. Something's on your mind. I know you Remy.”

I sighed, pouring myself another glass. “My parents are going to find out I'm her,” I told him, continuing to drum my fingers.

“You don't plan on telling them, do you?” he asked and I shook my head. “Then how will they find out?”

“They just will, Danny. You don't know them,” I said steadily, my mind starting to feel fuzzy. I took another sip, my hand shaking a bit.

“Remy,” Danny said with a relaxed sigh. “This isn't a discussion I want to have at three in the morning.”

“I know, I know.” I stood up from the table and downed the rest of the wine in my glass before placing it in the sink. I stood at the sink, my hands braced against it.

Danny came up behind me, his arms went around my waist.

He kissed my shoulder and mumbled, “Rems, let's just go back to bed. I need sleep; you wore me out earlier.”

I scoffed, turning so we were face to face. I tilted my head up and he leaned down, kissing me softly. As things heated up, I pulled away, nestling my face in the skin of his neck.

“Bed sounds really nice right now.”

When I woke up the next morning, Danny was gone, a note taped to the lamp on my side of the bed.

Rems,
Had to go grab some stuff. Be back later.
-Danny


I sighed, sitting up. I grabbed a change of clothes and retreaded to the bathroom.

If felt good to shower, and when I was done, I headed into the kitchen, in search of food and Aspirin to dull the slight pounding in my head. I settled for toast and was surprised to find grape jelly in the refrigerator that wasn't past it's expiration date.

As I took a bit of toast, sitting at the table, I heard the door open, then shut. Danny walked in, holding two grocery bags. He dropped them on the counter, then kissed the top of my head.

“Morning,” he said with a sigh.

“Morning,” I responded, taking another bit of toast.

“When did you get up​?” he asked, sitting down beside me.

“Eh, half hour ago.” I shrugged, stifling a yawn. I finished my toast and stood up, sliding into Danny's lap. He chuckled as I rested my head on his shoulder, my forehead against his neck.

He kissed my hair. “I missed the smell of your shampoo,” he told me.

I smiled, my eyelids feeling heavy. “Are we doing anything today?”

“Nope,” he said, his arms latching around my waist.

“Bed?” I suggested, nearly half asleep already.

“I don't see why not,” he said, sighing quietly. His hand slid up the side of my t-shirt, resting on the curve of my waist.

“Danny?” I said quietly, leaning away from him a bit.

“What?” he mumbled, resting his forehead against mine. I smiled, pressing my lips to his softly.

“Are we going to bed or not?” I whispered, my lips brushing against his as I spoke.

“I like that idea,” he whispered back.

I stood up and he looped his pinkie through mine. We walked to the bedroom slowly, taking our time. Every nerve in my body stood on end in anticipation.

The second our feet his the carpet, our bodies were pressed together. Our shirts were gone almost immediately and I found myself laying down as Danny's fingers traced over my ribs and over the lines of my tattoo.

As his lips traveled down my neck, I realized that this was where I wanted to spend the rest of my life.

“Danny, what are we going to do about the possibility of my parents finding out?” I asked an hour later, my head resting on his bare shoulder.

“Can we not talk about this now?” he said with a heavy sigh.

“You didn't want to talk about it last night, you don't want to talk about it now. So when are we going to talk about it?” I asked, trying to keep my temper from exploding.

“I don't know, maybe a normal time. Like at a reasonable hour and not after sex.”

I sat up, putting my head in my hands. Danny ran a finger down my spine and I shivered. I heard him sit up and his lips pressed against my shoulder.

“Rems,” he said, his voice vibrating against my skin. “I know you're worried about your parents finding out, but right now, I just want to be with you. When they find out you're here, they'll probably make you leave. I only just got you back.” As he spoke, our hands found each other, our fingers lacing together. I found myself smiling.

“That was really sappy,” I said with a quiet laugh. He shrugged, kissing me softly.

“I love you,” he whispered as he pulled away. My heart swelled to the point that I thought it might burst.

“I love you too,” I said, truly meaning it. I felt a blush rise up my cheeks. Danny smiled, kissing me again. “Are we going to spend the rest of our lives in bed?” I asked with a laugh.

“I wouldn't mind,” he informed me, his arms going around my waist.

“Me either.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Title and lyrics courtesy of All Time Low.

Sorry this took almost a month and is so pooptastic.
I don't know why it took this long for me to type it; I've had this written for over a month.
oops.
me = lazy.

HOLY EFF, THERE'S ONLY ONE CHAPTER OF THIS LEFT!

I have a new Garrett Nickelsen story, if you'd like to check it out.
Count Me the Hours.