Status: Completed.

Such a Typical Thing

High Hopes in Velvet Ropes

The devil's language tastes of lust;

Several cups later, I was very giggly. My cheeks felt warm and I had a constant smile on my face. I'd had more than Danny, who was still a bit sober.

"Another drink is in order, I believe," I said with a girlish giggle.

"I think maybe you've had enough," Danny said with a little bit of a laugh, taking my empty cup from me.

"But Danny," I whined, wrapping my arms around one of his, resting my head on his shoulder. "Please?"

Danny heaved a sigh. "Fine." I giggled in triumph. "If your brother asks, Vinny's the one who got you the drinks, not me."

"Okie dokie, Danny," I said happily, plopping down in the grass, sitting Indian style.

I sighed, wondering what was going on with everyone else. What was Garrett doing? Would he ever speak to me again?

Soon enough, Danny was back with two cups in hand, one of which he handed to me.

"Thanks," I said quietly, my mood all of a sudden damped.

"Something wrong?" he asked, sitting down beside me.

"I guess I've made a bit of a mess out of things," I told him, looking at the contents of the cup, swirling them around.

"How so?" He took a drink from his own cup.

"Garrett. He kissed me earlier and I ran off. Oakleigh's probably going to give me shit about it later. I almost wish I hadn't agreed to come. I could be at some Roman spa instead of in this intense heat." I groaned, laying back in the grass.

The grass was cool against my warm skin and sent a minor chill down my spine.

"It'll get better, Remy. Garrett will get over it," he assured me. Nodding, I pushed up from my elbows and sat up again.

I sighed, looking over at Danny. I moved so we were facing each other, both of us sitting cross-legged, sitting so close our knees were touching. Idly, I took his hand, toying with his fingers.

All of a sudden, my eyes began to sting with tears. I pressed my lips together and leaned forward, testing my forehead against this shoulder. I clenched my jaw, hoping the tears in my eyes wouldn't spill over.

After an awkward moment, Danny's hands moved to my hair, stroking it softly. I felt him sigh as I took a deep breath, inhaling the warm scent of his cologne. Closing my eyes, I pulled away. When I opened them, Danny and I were very close. He pushed my hair out of my face and tucked it behind my ear. I knew what was happening and put an end to it.

I stood up quickly, well as quickly as my drunk frame would let me and turned away from him. Danny was quick to his feet as well, grabbing my wrist. I turned back to face him again.

Our eyes were locked. My eyes flicked to his lips, then back. After a long moment, we both leaned in and met halfway.

For the first few seconds, our lips barely touched, both of us hesitant and unsure. I slowly moved my arms up, wrapping them around his neck, closing the space between us, just as Danny looped his arms around my waist.

This kiss wasn't awkward. It didn't feel forced. It didn't feel one sided.

It did feel natural though. And it did feel good, trust me.

Our lips fit together seamlessly, and it lasted. I had no intention of pulling away and Danny didn't seem to either.

After several minutes, we both pulled away slightly, breathing a little heavily.

Danny smiled down at me, his arms still locked around my waist. He leaned down and pressed his forehead against mine. He kissed me softly three times before I buried my face in his neck.

"Do you want another drink?" he asked before pressing his lips to my hair.

"That'd be nice," I said with a slight laugh.

"I'll be back," Danny said, kissing me again before walking back to the rest of the party.

I blinked a few times. I glanced down to find that my cup from earlier was still full. I picked it up and walked away.

By the time my cup was empty, I had found my way back to the bus. I punched in the code and tripped up the stairs, and collapsed on the couch in the front lounge. I was nearly asleep when I heard the unmistakable drunken laugh of a certain Lebanese man.

I shrugged to myself and pulled my shirt off before walking back toward the bunks. I pulled back the curtain to Jack's bunk and before he could react, I had crawled in with him and was kissing down his neck.

"Hey there, missy," he slurred, looping his thumbs through the belt loops of my jeans and flipping us, so he was on top of me.

His lips crashed against mine sloppily and within a minute, both of us were eagerly trying to pull his shirt off. One it was off, seconds later, he nimbly pinched the clasp of my bra and pulled the fabric from my body. Our bare chests connected as did our lips.

His guitar calloused fingers traced down my body and settled on the button of my jeans. I sat up the little that I could and wove my fingers through his hair as I leaned to kiss the stubbled skin of his neck.

"Gotcha," he whispered, finally undoing the button of my jeans before yanking them down, along with my panties. I lifted my hips to help him out.

He fished through his pockets for a condom as I fumbled with the button of his jeans, my lips still attached to his neck. He let out a throaty moan as I sucked his pulse point, just as I managed to unbutton his jeans and started to push them down his narrow hips.

His lips collided with mine again as I ran my fingers over the hard bulge in his boxers before pushing them down, along with his jeans, which I basically had to peal off.

Not soon after, Jack pulled out and continued to suck on the skin of my neck. While I was still shaking from my orgasm, guilt and regret flooded my stomach. While the sex had been near earth-shattering, it shouldn't have happened.

"Oh god, I could get used to this," Jack mumbled into the skin of my neck.

"Get used to what?" I asked, just wishing he'd pass out soon, like he always did that way I could slip out from under him and try to forget that anything had even happened.

"Having you on tour with us. It's like sex on demand." He laughed a bit.

I was not amused. Instead, I was drunk, regretful, and disgusted.

"Yeah," I muttered, trying not to sound too disgusted.

Soon enough, he was asleep and I was able to slid out of the bunk, after making sure nobody was in the lounge. I dressed quickly, replacing my jeans with basketball shorts I'd dug out of Matt's suitcase the day before. While tying my hair up, I burped, tasting unpleasantness.

Quickly, I went down the stairs of the bus and made it around the back before doubling over and getting sick. Wiping my mouth, I straightened my back and massaged my temples. As usual, sex had sobered me a bit.

I returned to the bus and raided the cabinet for the booze I knew I'd find. I pulled the bottle of Grey Goose out, quickly unscrewed the cap and despite the definite burn as it went down my throat, I took three big swallows before screwing the cap back on and returning it to the cabinet.

The fuzz in my mind returned quickly as I gathered my blankets and curled up on the sofa.

I didn't know how long I slept, but I was out.

I woke up when Matt hit me with a pillow.

"Up, child," he instructed, trying to pull my blankets from me.

"Matt," I groaned, still half asleep. I'm surprised I could even talk. As soon as I tried to swallow, my throat burned, it was so dry. I sat up, only to have my eyes go wide as the blood rushed from my head and I swayed backward.

"Whoa, girl," Matt said, holding my shoulders to steady me.

"What time is it?" I asked, rubbing my stinging eyes.

"Almost noon," he said, handing me a cup of coffee. I took it gratefully, even though I can't stand black coffee. I downed it quickly, hoping it'd help the pounding in my head.

"What happened to you last night?"

"Uhmm...I met up with Garrett and Oakleigh. Then I came back to the bus. That's all I remember." I decided it'd be best to leave out there few memories I had of sleeping with Jack, for his benefit.

"Eventful night. Are you the one who puked behind the bus?"

"You know, that might have been me. I really don't remember." I shrugged and pulled the elastic from my hair. I pulled it into a suitable ponytail and tried to stand up but was welcomed by more light-headedness.

An hour later, still woozy and feeling like shit, I had showered and had gotten the smell of alcohol and smoke off of me.

I was standing in the catering line, just craving a BLT like a wicked mother fucker. I felt a hand on my waist and turned quickly to see who was touching me.

I was greeted by Danny's smiling face.

“Hey,” he said happily, his hand remaining on my waist. It was warm through the thin fabric of my yellow tshirt.

“Uhm, hi?” I said, nearly as a question. I was completely lost as to why he seemed so happy and why he was touching me.

“What happened to you last night? I went to get you another drink and you were gone.”

"Oh. I wasn't feeling too well," I lied.

Now that he mentioned it, I did remember being with him last night. He brought me drinks and we danced. After drink number three though, Danny was nothing but a fuzzy memory before I got back to the bus.

"Makes sense," he said with a laugh. "So, about what happened last night."

"Can I ask you something?" I asked quickly, cutting him off.

"Yeah," he said, sounding rather nervous.

"What did happen last night?"

"You don't remember?" he asked, removing his hand from my waist quickly. I pressed my lips together, shaking my head. He let out a sigh.

"So what did happen?" I questioned, moving forward in the line.

"It doesn't matter," Danny said, sounding angry and disappointed all of a sudden. He looked at his shoes before shaking his head and walked away.

"Danny!" I called after him, wanting to know what had actually happened.

I felt like I was in a less comical version of The Hangover minus the UNF-worthy Bradley Cooper. I frowned, wishing Bradley Cooper was with me.

I was confused and frustrated, wondering what the fuck had happened the night before. I was just lucky there wasn't a jungle cat in the bathroom and a baby in the closet.

I frowned before ordering my food and ate alone quickly before heading off to the bus in search of answers.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter title and lyrics courtesy of The Cab.

So, I don't know about you, but I reallyyyyyy miss being able to put Polyvore links in the chapters for outfits. >.<
But, whatever.

So, yeah, Remy's a slut in this chapter.
I know.

Comment and subscribe pleaseeeee.