Status: Completed.

Such a Typical Thing

The Perfect Mistake

Why am I hell bent on losing, when I can't get you out of my head;

In the two weeks that followed Danny and I's encounter, I was spending more and more time with Oakleigh and Garrett.

The initial awkwardness of the kiss had worn of quickly and things were back to how they'd been before. Garrett's obvious infatuation was still present and he didn't really try to hide it. Just small things, like if he was handing me something, he'd make sure to brush his fingers over mine.

I shrugged it off, trying to focus on other things. I don't know what other things, but other things none the less.

Danny and I had kind of gone our separate ways. Other than standing side-stage nearly everyday near him and seeing each other on the bus, we pretty much had no contact.

Despite the fact that I hadn't talked to Danny in two weeks, it seemed like he was always on my mind. I had texted him a few times, but he never responded.

Life on Warped had become "the norm" for me. I was used to wearing shirts two or three times before I'd have a chance to wasg them. I was used to sleeping on the floor. I was used to falling asleep to the sound of the bus.

The days were getting hotter as July pressed on. It killed me to be outside for more than an hour at a time. I had a constant sunburn that hadn't healed a bit. Skin cancer was in my future.

"Remy, what are you wearing?" Matt asked, staring at me in horror.

I rolled my eyes. I was dressed modestly, compared to half the people that had attended Warped. My bikini top covered all the intended areas and my shorts weren't even the shortest pair I owned.

"Matt, it's hot," I whined, my shoulders slumping.

"Yeah, and I can almost see your womb," he said, shaking his head.

I let out a sarcastic laugh. "Yesterday, you and the guys were walking around without shirts on, and I can't wear a bikini top?" I asked skeptically. I stared him down, crossing my arms over my chest.

"I am the tour manager, god dammit! You're kind of under my roof, so you've living by my rules," he declared.

"God, you're like a fucking dictator," I said, grabbing a tank top for cover and pulling it on as I stormed off the bus.

Completely pissed, I stormed to The Maine's bus, punching in the code I'd learned long ago.

"Oakleigh!" I yelled, collapsing on the sofa.

"She's not here. Can you settle for the other O'Callaghan?" John asked, appearing from the back lounge.

"I guess so," I said with a sigh.

He sat down and put his arm around me. "What's wrong?" he asked.

"Matt's being a dick," I said sourly.

John let out a laugh. "Care to explain why?"

"Everything I wear, he finds a reason to tell me I look like a slut, or that I need to cover up more."

"Remy, you're his little sister; that's his job. Especially on Warped Tour. There are so major creeps out there, myself included." I laughed. "He's just trying to do his job. Cut him some slack."

"I'll try, but I can't promise anything," I said, pushing my hair behind my ears.

"Can I give you a word of advice?"

"Sure," I nodded.

"Date Garrett. Wait, that was two words. But seriously. Just do it." John said choppily.

I frowned a bit, rather dumb-founded.

"I just over-stepped my boundary," he commented.

"Yeah," I said quietly.

"You'd be good for him. Just think about it." John stood up and before I could say anything, pranced off the bus.

I sighed in somewhat frustration and sprawled out on the sofa, crossing my arms over my chest again.

Dating Garrett wouldn't be bad at all. He was definitely good looking and we'd been friends for almost two years. I'd seen him unbelievably happy, and he'd called me before, extremely upset. I knew what he was like. I could date him. And all of a sudden, I wanted to.

In a total Hollywood moment, the instant I decided this, Garrett stepped onto the bus.

"Hey," he said, sounding a bit breathless as he ran a hand through his messy hair, pushing it to one side.

"Hey," I responded, pushing myself up into a sitting position.

"You okay?" he asked, sitting down beside me, extremely close.

"I guess so. Kind of pissed at Matt, but nothing I won't get over in an hour," I told him, shrugging. I scooted closer to him and put my head on his shoulder. I let out a sigh, and Garrett wrapped his arms around me.

We sat like that for a while, both of us silent.

After twenty minutes, I pulled away and Garrett looked over at me.

I took the plunge and leaned in, pressing my lips against his.

That was all it took.

[!]

"Need anything?" Garrett asked three day later, taking my empty plate.

"I'm all good," I told him with a smile. He kissed the top of my head after ruffling my hair before walking away. I watched him walk away and Oakleigh, sitting across from me, laughed. "What?" I asked her, frowning at her.

"You guys are so sappy," she teased, giving me a wink.

"Fuck off," I told her, throwing my rolled up napkin at her.

Very few people knew that Garrett and I were dating. It was basically just Oakleigh, John, and Pat. I'm pretty sure Jared and Kenny knew too, because Pat wouldn't shut up about how cute we are.

Matt didn't know, neither did anyone else associated with All Time Low, at least that I knew of. I wasn't sure how Matt would react, or if he'd even really care.

The sound of my phone vibrating madly on the table jolted me back into reality. I flipped it over and look at the screen.

I rolled my eyes. "Really?" I asked myself with a scoff.

"What is it?" Oakleigh questioned, sipping on her Diet Coke.

"Nothing," I lied quietly, opening the message.

From: DannyK
Hey.


I let out a bitter laugh. "Hey," was all? Two weeks without talking to me and all he says is "hey?"

Shaking my head, I typed out my response.

To: DannyK
Yeah?


Garrett returned to the table, sitting a bottle of water in front of me.

"Thank you," I said, smiling as he laced his fingers through mine under the table.

"No problem," he said, squeezing my hand lightly.

My phone buzzed again and I opened the message, tilting the screen away from Garrett.

From: DannyK
Where are you?


Simply being polite, I answered:

To: DannyK
Eating with Oak and Garrett. Why?


The table had fallen into an awkward silence. Oakleigh was tapping her fingers on the table, making strange faces from time to time. I looked over at Garrett and he was zoning out. We all seemed to jump when my phone vibrated again.

From: DannyK
Come find me when you're done. I want to talk to you.


I wasn't sure how to respond to that. I knew Garrett would want me at their set, which started in an hour. There was another party tonight too, which Garrett and I had decided not to go to.

My phone buzzed again.

From: DannyK
I miss you.


[!]

"Wanna know something?" Garrett asked, pressing his lips to the skin of my shoulder.

"Hmm?" I mumbled, my body buzzing.

"That was pretty good," he said with a laugh, kissing my neck once.

"Only pretty good?"

"Okay, fine. That was really good," he corrected himself. I sighed contently with a smile.

Pat and Oakleigh had decided not to go to the party and instead have a movie night on their bus. I had known for a fact the 100% of ATL and crew would be at the party leaving their bus empty, Garrett and I had retreated there. We'd locked ourselves in the back lounge to get some much needed privacy.
The
Sex with Garrett had been better than I had expected. It was nice to be with someone who actually cared about me, rather than how good the sex was.

The sofa in the back lounge was tiny, with barely enough room for me to lay with Garrett on his side beside me, leaning on his elbow. He'd pulled a blanket over us, and I pulled it up to my chin.

"You're so gorgeous," he told me with a smile. He pushed a piece of my hair out of my face and I tried not to blush. I rolled my eyes slightly and he kissed my forehead.

"Do you think Oakleigh knows we snuck off to do the dirty?" I asked with a laugh. When we'd left The Maine's bus, we'd left in search of "food."

"Probably. I know for a fact Pat's oblivious. He texted me when we were heading here and asked me to bring something back for him." He chuckled, absentmindedly toying with the hem of the blanket that was covering us.

"That's Pat for you," I said with a fond smile.

"I don't think you should be thinking about Pat while we're naked."

"You're thinking about him too," I said with a laugh. "And that's even worse."

"Oh, god, you're right. Maybe we should change that."

"How so?"

"We could think about each other," he suggested, kissing my neck slowly.

"I like that idea, but right now, I could use some fresh air. It's really hot in here."

"We could hotter if you'd like."

I let out a laugh, pulling his face down to mine. His lips pressed against mine gently. He pulled away and our eyes locked. He smirked and something inside me ignited.

I pulled him down to me, kissing him hungrily. Quickly, he was between my chest and the blanket, on top of me. His skin was warm against mine, his hand on my waist, his mouth on my neck.

"Damn it," he swore, leaning his forehead against my shoulder.

"What's wrong?"

"I only brought one condom," he said with a sigh. I frowned.

"I know Jack has some, I'll go look." I left the warmth of the couch, grabbing my shorts and tugging on my t-shirt before flipping the lock on the door and sliding it open enough to slip out.

I stopped at Jack's bunk, pulling one of his bags out, starting to route through it. Nothing. As I grabbed for the second bag, I heard someone step onto the bus. I turned my head to see Danny.

"Hi," he said rather bluntly, stopping all motion.

"Hey," I said, turning to him.

"Remy, any luck?" Garrett asked from the back lounge. His voice made me jump.

Danny looked dumbstruck. From Garrett being in the back lounge, combined with the obvious fact that I wasn't wearing a bra, and add in my less-than subtle sex hair, he knew what had happened.

"Seriously?" Danny asked with a quiet laugh.

"Hang on, I'm still looking," I called back to Garrett. My boyfriend.

Danny shook his head and just as quickly as he'd appeared on the bus, he was gone.

"Find anything?" Garrett asked, sliding open the door. My hand, in Jack's duffel, was already clasped around the box of condoms. I withdrew my hand.

"No," I said, faking disappointment.

"Ehh, it's all good," he said, wrapping his arms around me. I looked up at him and he pressed his lips against mine.

I kissed back, but couldn't get Danny out of my head.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title and lyrics courtesy of Cartel.

Hai again. Sorry it's been awhile. >.<
But, I'm back.
And you should get back to commenting. :D
I like those.

I don't really like this chapter...
Next chapter is going to be good, I promise.