Status: It's done. There will be a sequel.

From Silent Dreams We Never Wake

"Avonia, Avonia Eve III, no middle name." The recent mother told the nurse, she nodded, and hurried to prepare papers for the sweat covered woman who had just gone through the painful process of childbirth. The nurse had only experienced that a mere few months ago... she knew the pain. Thankfully, her husband Don was there to care for the black-haired babe- in-arms, Gerard.

"The third?" She asks herself quietly, while walking out of the door, curiousity aroused. She shrugs and grabs the papers, too tired from the hard days' work to paritcularly care.

But there was one thing that she didn't know, three was a magickal number, nine was even more so, since it was three multiplied by three. Today was September 9th, 1977. The mother, however, did know what her naming the child entailed, the family's hidden secret. She knew full well what dreams and premonitions would plague her beautiful new daughter. She was a witch, not that of natural and earth-bound power, but those borne of air and fire, inorganic in nature.

She never would have considered placing her child in such a position, were it not his child. Her husband, an man of twenty, was enlisted in the Marines, he was only to come back for a few weeks at a time, sometimes even days. She knew that the child would have to be hardened in every aspect to live with an absent father and a mysteriously secretive mother. The emotional hurt that she put Avonia through could only be for her own good, right?

The magickwould could never turn on it's forebearer, would it? The oblivious mother didn't know that it could and would. She didn't know that:


There is an underlying evil in all magick...