Status: Semi-active. :]

All the Time I Can Steal

Ellie.

I awoke, and we were just rolling through the new town. I sighed, getting up and pulling out a yellow wife beater and a pair of black cut offs. Pulling them on, I felt my body protest. I wasn’t used to drinking and partying like this anymore. I knew that my body was pale, but I wasn’t crazy enough to wear pants in the heat of Warped. Especially since we were going to be in Texas for the next three shows. You’d have to be fucking insane to wear pants for that long in that much heat. Phoenix had a dry heat. Texas….well most of Texas had humid heat. Which was unbearable. I had spent one summer in Houston when I was fifteen. Because all of the next summers, minus this one, and the two before, were spent with David. But the middle one was my lost summer. It was spend drunk and so I don’t remember half of it.

I groaned, and begged the driver to pull into a Starbucks. I needed my fix. And the shit on the bus would not suffice. Finally he pulled in, and grabbing some money, slipping on my sunglasses and flip flops, I got off, and walked in. I got my coffee, and right before I paid, the woman behind the counter asked, “Did you get off that bus there?” I nodded, too tired to formulate a witty reply. “What’s that for?”

I yawned, and handed the woman the money, “Warped tour.” She nodded, acting like she knew what the hell I was talking about.

“Name?” The girl who had looked at the screen and grabbed my cup,

“Bee.”

“Like the bug?” I nodded and she wrote on the cup.

The woman then tried to talk to me more, “Yeah. My daughter and niece are going today.” I nodded again, and picked up a large fruit cup, and placed it on the counter. The woman smiled and rung it up, telling me my amount.

I paid and right before she had the chance to try and talk to me again, I heard, “Venti Mocha Frappechino for Bee?!” I forced a smile at the woman, grabbed my frozen java and walked back outside to the bus.

When I boarded, I saw the others groggily up. “Advil is in the top cabinet next to the microwave.” I said, and then sat down to enjoy my coffee and fruit before we got to the venue. We had to get in, set up our booth and then get ready for the fans. It was tiring, but I was visiting places that I hadn’t been to ever, and I was going to make the best of it.

I knew that I was doing better this summer than I was two years ago. I spent the whole summer in bed, and I really didn’t eat anything because I didn’t want to. I lost so much weight, that Abby became extremely concerned. That was how I had met Jess, Nat and Sean.

They picked me up when I didn’t think I could be. And they helped me see that it was all David’s loss. Although that didn’t stop me from wanting to still be with him. Because David may have lost me, but I had lost him as well. I shook my head, and grabbed one end of our tent, Sean carrying the other end.

“Bee?” he asked.

I raised an eyebrow so he knew I was listening. “Is….is the David in Breathe Carolina the David you dated?” I rolled my eyes, made an exasperated noise and shook my head. He grinned his childish grin, “I just wanted confirmation. Jeeze.”

He, Jess and I set up the tent, until we couldn’t get the center pole to stay. “NATTTTT!!!!” Jess shouted, and the giant came walking over. “Put that pole up.” She ordered, pointing to the pole.

He grinned and shook his head, “You’re lucky you’re adorable and I love you.” She grinned and when he set the pole up, he lent down and pressed a kiss to her lips.

I was soon sitting under the hot sun, on my third day of warped. I had my sunglasses over my eyes, and a PowerAde on the table in front of me. I sighed, sitting down in my chair. Jess, Abby and I were sitting behind the table, ready for the fans. “So Bee, enjoying Warped?” Jess asked. I laughed and nodded, “Yeah. This is the first time I’ve been to Texas since I was fifteen.”

“Really? Do you have family here?”

I nodded, swallowing my sip of blue drink. “Yeah. My mom’s mom and her sister. Although my mom moved to Denver when she was thirteen to live with her dad.” Jess nodded, and opened her mouth to say something else, but fans had begun to trickle in so we had to sell the merch.

“Bee?” a voice rang out. I looked up, my brows knitted together in confusion. But once my chocolate eyes focused on the face that belonged with the voice, I broke out into a slight grin.

“Hey you. It’s been a while.” The girl nodded and I told Abby and Jess that I would be back in a little bit. I grabbed my passes and hooked them onto the back belt loop of my shorts, and walked to the front of the booth. The girl hugged me and I hugged her back. “Been a while since you were in Denver.” The girl laughed and nodded, and we started our walk around the venue.

“Yeah. Mom’s been a little strapped for cash lately. I paid my way here. Your mom had called my mom and told her about you spending summer on Warped. I just didn’t know that you were going to be 3OH!3’s merch girl. I thought that you’d be Breathe Carolina’s….” she trailed off when she saw the look on my face.

“Nope.”

She looked at me confused for a few seconds, “I thought you were going out with David?"

I bit my lip and sighed, “I was going out with David. We broke-up about two and a half years ago.”

She looked down, “Oh. Sorry.”

I shrugged, and shook my head, “It’s okay. It’s not like we hate each other.”

Ellie nodded, “So are you seeing anyone else now?”

I shrugged, taking a sip from my blue PowerAde. “There’s a guy that I’m sort of dating. We’re not serious. But he thought we were. Long story.” I said when she gave me a confused look. Changing the subject I said, “You excited about Warped? This is your first one, right?” I asked, a smirk on my face.

She made a face, “Yeah.” She looked me up and down. “Damn, Bee. You’re getting red. You’ve been on Warped for how many days?”

I stuck my tongue out at her. “This is my third day.”

Sitting at the cool down tent, we talked more. “I brought my boyfriend with me. I want you to meet him.”

I looked at her, lifting up my sunglasses. “Why?”

Ellie laughed. “Because, your opinion means the world to me. And I know you won’t let him get away with treating me like shit.” I laughed, “Plus, you’re really intimidating.” I laughed again.

“I am not!”

She laughed, nodding. “Yes you are. Those guys that picked on me when I was eight are still afraid to mess with me.” I laughed. “They are! And if any one starts to mess with me, and they don’t know about you they tell them how you kicked their asses, and how intimidating you are. No one messes with me ever.” I laughed, and put my sunglasses back down.

“Yeah I’ll meet the loser.” She laughed, hitting my shoulder lightly. “Thanks.” I looked at my cell, “Well I should get back. I’ll try to meet up with you again later. Probably when the two losers are signing.”

She laughed and nodded, and walked out with me. “Alright. Bye-bye Bee!” she waved and I walked back to the booth.

“And who was that?” Abby asked as I sat back down. David was standing around the booth with Kyle, “Oh my cousin Ellie.”

David looked up, “The one I met?” he asked. I nodded, reaching into our cooler and pulling out a water bottle, and some ice.

I rubbed the ice on my arms, and set the water on the table. Jess and Abby were busy, so when a guy came up, I had to be the one to help. “Hey. What can I get you?” he grinned cheekily, “I want the black shirt with the blue hands in medium, and your number.” I laughed; David and Kyle snorted. “That’ll be twenty dollars.” I got the shirt and he handed me a fifty. He put the thirty dollars change in our tip jar, he winked and walked away. I snorted and rolled my eyes.

“Wow. Just….wow. Do guys have no game anymore?” I asked Abby and Jess. They laughed and shrugged, then I was suddenly pelted with ice. David and Kyle were looking in the other direction, and I rolled my eyes laughing. “You guys go wander around. Meet fans. Don’t annoy me.” They laughed and waved at me off walking away.

“Bee?” I looked over and saw that Jess and Abby were looking at me. “What?” they looked at each other and then at me.

“You love him. Still. And it’s apparent that he still loves you.” I rolled my eyes. “You don’t know what you’re talking about.” And they didn’t say anything back.
♠ ♠ ♠
does anybody actually read this? :/

commentsand subscribe?