Status: Semi-active. :]

All the Time I Can Steal

Pathetic.

I watched her as she talked to Brian. He was a good guy, and I could see that he was just trying to get to know her. Sometimes I wished that Bee was more open with people. But other times I was thankful she wasn’t, because that meant that no one else could steal her heart. I sighed, telling myself I honestly needed to get over the fact that we just weren’t going to happen again.

But I didn’t want to. I wanted to hold out hope that maybe, just maybe she still loved me deeply. I was becoming pathetic, and I knew it. It was just easier when I wasn’t constantly exposed to her. If I didn’t have to see her everyday then it would be easier. But there was nothing I could do at the moment. I could just hope that I didn’t have to see her with any other guys.

I decided to walk over to catering and get me something to eat. I saw Bee eating a veggie burger and sighed. I couldn’t get away from her. It’s not like it was a bad thing, it was just painful. I got my food and sat down. She looked up and shot me a half smile. I gave her a half smile back, then stood up and walked over to where she was sitting.

I found it pathetic how unable I was to stay away.

“Hey.” I said taking a bite of my own veggie burger. She swallowed, “Hey. How are you today?” I half shrugged, “Pretty good I guess. Just hanging out.” I paused then asked, “Why aren’t you working?” she sighed, and shrugged, “I don’t feel like it today. And I guess Jess and Abby don’t mind. Yesterday was pretty....” She trailed off.

I nodded then looked at her, my eyes locking with hers behind her sunglasses, “I’m sorry about last night. I was out-of-line, but I just don’t want you to get screwed or hurt or anything. You deserve so much more. You’ve put up with more than your fair share of bullshit in your life.” She half smiled and looked down, “You were right though. Mathias was an asshole.” I choked on my burger.

“Mathias?” she half-smiled, and I knew her chocolate eyes would be glittering with mischief. “Yeah. That’s his real name. He got made fun of a lot as a kid, so he goes by Matt.” I tried to stifle my laugh which caused her to crack a real smile.

“Anyway, I’m sorry for how I acted last night. I took my frustration out on you, and you didn’t deserve it. And so, I’m sorry.” She finished. I nodded, “I’ll accept your apology if you’ll accept mine.” I said a smirk on my face. She laughed and nodded. “Okay. Fair.” I laughed and we shook on it.

We ate and just talked. Talked as if nothing bad had ever happened between us. When we finished eating she stood up and threw her plate away, “I guess I should go to the table.” She said. I nodded, “Okay. Do you want me to walk you there?” she was opening her mouth when Kyle came up to me and pulled me away, telling me it was time for our signing. She half smiled, and it seemed kind of sad, “I’ll see you later, then.” She said before I was pulled away.

“What the hell man? We were finally talking like us again. Before all the bad shit.” Kyle looked at me wide eyed.

“Sorry man. But we can’t be late for our signing. You know how crazy it gets here.” I sighed, nodding and sliding into my seat. Today the 3OH!3 booth wasn’t near ours so I couldn’t see Bee as I signed. But the conversation was enough. And the fact that she didn’t stay mad at me for last night was a relief. I was hoping I’d get another chance to talk with her at the after party tonight.

We were just about to go to the stage when I saw Bridgette standing by our table. I walked quickly over and she turned and gave me a smile. “Hey.” She said. I gave her a smile. “Hey.” She sighed and ran her fingers through her hair and sighed, her hand resting on her shoulder. “Good luck today.” She finally said. I nodded. “Thanks.”

I was about to walk away when she called my name, “David.” I turned and she bit her lip, “It was great talking to you today.” I smiled, “Yeah. It was.” She nodded and turned and walked away. I walked to the stage, a smile on my face and my heart racing slightly. Kyle sensed that something was different about me.

“Yo, Schmitt, what’s up?” I looked at him, and half smiled, “She wished me luck. And told me that it was good talking to me today.” He rolled his eyes, “You’re such a girl, you know that?” I rolled my eyes and then we went on stage, “Hello Houston!” I yelled, still fluttery about what Bee had told me.

When all of the fans were ushered out and nightfall had settled in, we started the partying. Bee had walked over to the fire, with Abby in tow. It seemed that no matter wherever Bee went, Abby followed.

I walked over and pulled Bee aside. “Hey.” I said softly. I had been drinking and was hoping that I wouldn’t ruin my chances with her.

She gave me a half smile. “Hey.” She replied. I grinned and handed her a Smirnoff, Green Apple. She gave me a half smile. “Was that chance or did-“

“I remember what your favorite flavor is.” She half smiled and nodded, and took a sip. We sat down and talked some, and I loved seeing her eyes in the firelight. They simply smoldered. She looked over and me and smiled nervously.

“What?” I shook my head grinning, “Nothing. Just looking at you.” she blushed and shook her head.

“Ah David, you’re always the charmer.” I grinned and shrugged, “But you should know that it’s going to take more than that to get into my pants.” I opened my mouth, but I realized that she was just joking with me.

“Yeah. I know. You’re classy.” She snorted and rolled her eyes.

“I wouldn’t go that far-“

“I would.” She gave me a smile and looked down.

“My, my, my David. You can’t stop charming me can you?” I laughed and shook my head.

“I try really hard, actually.” She laughed and placed her hand on my cheek.

“It’s still too soon, David.” She said softly and then pressed a kiss to my cheek, and gave me a soft smile, then walked away.

And by the way she was walking I knew she was crying.

And I was pissed that I couldn’t fix that.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments?

I'M SORRY TO ALL OF YOU WHO READ THIS. I HAVE A LOT OF STORIES GOING ON, AND SINCE I'M GETTING NO FEEDBACK AND AM ALSO IN A RUT WITH THE STORY, I'M PUTTING THIS ON HIATUS FOR THE TIME BEING.