Status: I dont tend to have a set writing pace-- sorry!

Magyk

chapter Five

I was back at home and thought about the previous night, was I really vampire now? I thought of some vampire myths I knew.
No reflection? No sunlight, garlic, crosses, religious anything, holy water, fire, running water….
There were jus to many, I tried one. I walked into the ensuite, and got my brush out of the draw, I took a deep breath, shut my eyes and directed my head towards the mirror. I opened them. And I saw… myself, I still had a reflection. But the reflection was what let me know I was. I was a vampire. I am a vampire. My skin had paled, my check bone had a natural colour that was perfect, my lips grown a more blood red shade, my hair a beautiful shade of black, not dead straight, but not really wavy either, my eyebrows shaped perfectly, my body was more curvaceous, and also I was thinner. The only thing that didn’t change was my eyes. They were always that strange, but beautiful shade of violet. I remembered another trait of vampires – to be unbelievably and breathtakingly beautiful. Not that I'm trying to brag. I went back to my room to get dressed, it was then that I realised it didn’t just look like my breasts were bigger and my hips wider: they were! My bra was about two cup sizes too small and my hipster jeans were way too tight. So I put up with it, I couldn’t afford to go shopping at the moment. In the kitchen I found that I was not just hungry; I was ravenous I whipped myself up some scrambled eggs, I left them In the frypan to cook while I went back to my bedroom, I picked up the small phone that was on the bedside table, the one I got last night. I had a look at it, it was nearly the exact same as my phone, not physically, but the contents. The difference was that this had only one photo of Elly, my favourite one, but still. Only one.
The phone started vibrating in my hands, a text message came through. I looked at my watch. I suddenly realised that I could hear every click of its mechanisms working together, hmm, another vampire trait, super human senses. I noticed the second hand of the watch tick slowly onto the 6. I smelt burning. The eggs! I rushed into the kitchen, the eggs were… fine? I scraped the eggs, and found that they were only just slightly starting to stick to the bottom of the pan. I looked at my watch again. And the second hand only just ticked past the 6. To get from the bedroom, t the kitchen, and shift the eggs, it had only taken one second. One second! Crap! I was fast. I served the eggs up on a plate and devoured them. I remembered the text and headed back to my bedroom, deliberately slowly. I got to the bed and looked on the floor, I had dropped the phone when I smelt the eggs burning. I picked it up and opened the text message.
Magyk, if you want to see your
Son alive again then you will
Do exactly as I say. Or ‘ elly’
Will become a human sacrifice
The car outside is yours now.
Tell anyone who asks that yo-
U won it in a lottery. The pho-
Ne you keep too. Your old one
Just stopped working. You will
Get another message later. For
Now, go to work. And go get some
Clothes. You look stupid!!! We h-
Ave inserted money into y-
Our bank. You should find
That you have enough to c-
Over a new wardrobe. Now j-
Ust forget about work and
Go shopping I know I told u
To go to work but I don’t c-
Are.

I read and re-read the text. Then I called my boss. “hey Gary,” I coughed, loudly. “I’m not feeling well, neither is elly. I'm going to stay home today, just to look after him.” Gary mumbled something about how he loved kids then I hung up and headed for Elly’s room. Everything was just as he had left it, the unmade bed, the dinosaur toys on he floor, everything. I began to cry. I sobbed, I curled onto the bed, my whole body aching. I climbed under the covers and held the pillow, I could smell him, his scent was still all over the pillow, I cried, and cried, and cried. Until I fell asleep, where the ache in my heart dulls a small part.
*****
walking down the street I got a lot of strange looks, mainly looking at my cleavage and arse, which I both enjoyed, but also got pissed off at. I got to the ATM down the street from where I lived, I put my card into the slot, and pushed it in. it gave me four options. I clicked the one that said “ view amount available” the screen flashed number.
$42978.56
wow! I took out a thousand dollars cash and then continued on my way to the shops. I took all day shopping- trying to get my mind off my missing son. The first thing I did was dye my hair… the black was to gothic then I just continued on my “mission” for today. It was during lunch that I got the next text. I was eating nachos when my butt vibrated, puling out he phone, I read the text. I gasped. No! no, no, no, no, NO! I suddenly lost my appetite. They wanted me to… to… murder? No! never! I couldn’t. the phone rang.
“hello?”
“ yes magyk, you must. Its him, or elly! You choose. By the way – I really like that new bra of yours, very suitable.”
I hung up. No! they knew everything, they could see me. I screamed. Taking my stuff I ran to my car and got in. I slammed the door and put the keys in the ignition. Speeding I took the car back home. Inside I drank. With sole purpose of getting blind drunk. I never wanted to remember this. Eventually, I shrugged on my new long black woollen coat, and black stilettos. I walked out the door, not believing two things. One – I was still not drunk, and two, I was really going to do this. I was about to kill him.
♠ ♠ ♠
ok, so this is where it starts to get interesting. But, unfortunately I have no readers, so no one cares.