Status: One shot till the contest is over, may be adding more chapters!

Jack Frost

Sledding

“Nadia Payton Woods you are not spending you entire Christmas break in bed.” My mom called from the bottom of the stairs. “Yes I am” I called back to her as I rolled over in my bed to look out my window. It was too bright outside, the sun reflecting of the twelve inches of snow. There were little kids making snowmen and having snow ball fights. Any other year I would have been out there too, with my friends or my boyfriend. Ah, I did it again, I mean my ex-boyfriend. Three short days ago, my boyfriend of five months broke up with me, how is that for ruining the Christmas spirit. The thing is I might be somewhat okay if he would have given me a reason, but no, no reason. I thought he loved me.
I threw my legs over the side of my bed, and plodded down the steps and into the living room.
“It’s alive.” My older brother Aaron says from the couch.
“Shut up loser.” I mutter, sitting down on the opposite end from him.
“Do you want to go sledding with my friends and me tomorrow?” he asked nicely.
“Uhm let me think about that for a second.” I stoked my chin like I was thinking really hard. “No. I don’t fell like being out there in the snow and the cold. Yuck.” I finally said.
“Come on, It’s the greatest time of year!” He leaned over and ruffled my already messy blonde hair.
“Ha, whatever.” I scoffed.
“Nadia, you used to love Christmas and the snow. Please come?” he looked at me with sad pleading puppy dog eyes.
“Those sad eyes don’t work on me, I have the same ones.”
“I can at least try can’t I?”
“I guess so. But why are you so persistent. Did Mom and Dad put you up to this?” I eyed him suspiciously.
“Well no, they didn’t.” he said quietly.
“Who? Who put you up to this Aaron Woods?” I got off the couch and stood over him.
“I guess you will just have to come with me tomorrow and find out.” He stood up, towering over me, then walked away.
I guess I was going sledding.
****
“You ready to get your sled on?” Aaron asked me, as we drove to the big hill on the other side of town.
“I seriously don’t know you.” I said as I looked out the window, wishing I was back at home in my bed.
“Nad, at least try to have some fun for me.” A huge grin spread across his face.
“I guess I could do that, but consider it your Christmas present.”
“You mean you haven’t gotten me anything yet. Christmas is two days away.” He said while fiddling with the radio, awful screeching noises came out of the speakers.
“Maybe I have, maybe I haven’t. Can we listen to some music instead if this static?” I covered my ears.
“I have just the thing.” He popped in a disk.

“It's the greatest time of year, and it's here
Help me celebrate it
With everybody here, friends so dear
Let me simply state it
Joy to the world and everyone
Lift up your hearts and feel the love
It's our favorite way, to spend the holiday”


I was startled by the loud cheery Christmas music, so I quickly turned it down. “Are you trying to torture me?” I exclaimed, pulling my beanie on to my cold head.
“I didn’t want to come in the first place, then you play that crap. Can you play some ‘Bring me the Horizon’ it will get me into the Christmas spirit."
“Oh, look we’re here.” He quickly changed the subject as we pulled into the sledding place.
“Yay.” I said sarcastically. I saw a few of Aaron friends waiting for us, and his girlfriend.
“Just be nice, please sis?”
“Yeah, sure.” Once we were parked I pushed my door open and we made our way to his friends.
I leaned up to whisper in my brother’s ear “I don’t recognize the guy on the left.”
My brother didn’t answer me; he just smirked and walked over to his girlfriend.
The guy walked over to where I was standing, he was good looking he was tall with shaggy brownish red hair, and these teal eyes. They had to be contacts.
“Hi.”
“Hi.” I smiled sheepishly up at him.
“My name is Jack.” He flipped his great hair out of his face. I wanted to reach up and run my hands through it, it was that great.
So much for crying over ex’s.
“Your last name isn’t Frost is it?” I asked, he let out a small laugh. Well that was a lame attempt on my part to be funny.
“Nope, it’s not. Have you seen that movie?” He asked.
“Yeah, I thought it was kinda weird.”
“Yeah.” He said barley loud enough for me to hear.
“Oh, I’m Nadia.”
“I know.” He replied and started walking towards the top of the hill.
Who was this Jack, I haven’t seen him before, or even heard Aaron talk about him.
Once we reached the top we all lined up.
“Wana race?” he asked.
“Oh, it’s on!” I said as we both shoved off, and zoomed down the snowy slope.
At the bottom I ran right into a giant snow bank, a puff of white escaped all around me as I crashed. But Jack had it worse, he ran into a giant bush tree thing.
I ran over to him.
“Oh, are you okay?” I asked, extending my hand. He grabbed it, and even though our hands were encased in gloves I felt a shiver run through my body. He stood up right and brushed him self off.
“I think a branched scratched me. Will you kiss it?”
“I don’t kiss until the second date.” I said, picking up my sled and running back up the hill. He chased after me.
****
“So, today was fun.” Jack said, looking down into my eyes.
“Yeah, we will have to…uhm…do it again sometime.” I looked up at him through my eye lashes.
“Yeah, we do.”
“Well I should go, Aaron is waiting.” I gestured towards Aaron’s truck.
“Yeah, me too.”
“Well bye.”
“Bye.” He said, before he pulled me into a quick hug, and then let me go.
I walked to Aaron’s truck and hopped in.
“Are you glad I got you to come now?” he asked, starting the car and turning up the heat.
“Yeah, thank you for dragging my butt out of the house.” I patted him on the head.
“Anytime.” He smiled and we drove home.
****
“Come on get up!!!” I yelled as I jumped up and down on the edge of Aaron’s bed.
“Why are you up so early?” he rolled away from me.
“It’s Christmas! Presents and fun stuff.”
“You’re so peppy, why?”
“I just am, now get up we are waiting!”
“Okay.” He said, slowly fallowing me down stairs to the living room. He didn’t even make it to the couch before he collapsed on the floor.
“You open this first Aaron.” I said handing him a big box from me.
He went through about six boxes till he got to an envelope in the smallest box.
“SICK PUPPIE’S TICKETS!!! NADIA YOU’RE THE BEST SISTER.” He ran over to where I was sitting and he hugged me.
“I had to thank you somehow, for everything.” I said.
We had each gotten a lot of little things; I got some new clothing and a new camera. Aaron got some parts for his truck, which is fun, I guess.
****
I was sitting in my room reading a new book I got, when Aaron barged into my room.
“Hey, Nad, I have one more surprise for you. Fallow me, oh and grab a jacket.” He said.
“But I’m in my P.j.s.” I said, pointing to my plaid pajama bottoms, and oversized t-shirt.
“Oh, that’s fine. Come on.” He walked out of my room and I fallowed him. He led me to the front door.
“Wait till I leave, then you can open it.”
“Uhm, okay.”
A few seconds later I opened up the door, Jack.
“Hey Nadia.” He said sweetly.
“Hi, Jack. I have wanted to see you.”
“Me too.” I said as he pulled me outside, I closed the door.
“I have been wanting to do this too.” he put his warm hand on my cold cheeks. He looked deep into my eyes asking permission for what he was about to do. I let a small smile play across my lips. He slowly leaned in and kissed me so gently right on the lips, then he pulled back. I played with the soft hair on the back of his neck, while I looked up at him. “Merry Christmas.” I said kissing him on the cheek, while he brushed my long blonde bangs out of my face.
“Merry Christmas.” He kissed me on the lips again.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is for a contest I entered....
click HERE to get to the contest page.

~Comments are always welcome :)