Only You Could Love Me This Way

Home

"I think it's the perfect accommodation for you."

"I do like it."

"Wonderful, would you like a moment to think it over?"

"Sure."

"I'll be waiting for you outside."

The chubby woman dressed in a red skirt and black tweed business coat walked out her heels clicking on the wooden floors. Once she was out of the house and shut the door I glanced around. This could be my new home. It was a nice place I wouldn't deny that fact.

The living room was spacious, polished cherry wood floors, deep scarlet textured color walls with white trimmings, huge bay windows showing the front yard. I could get used to this it was wonderful. The fireplace was nice too with a big mantle, not that I had any pictures to place on it.

I walked into the medium sized kitchen and ran my fingers over the green granite countertops. There was a small island in the middle of the room with a sink under a round window viewing the small backyard. The walls were a calming blue color and the cabinets on the walls were a pearl white. It reminded me of a beach theme.

"It's a nice place." I said to myself. Hearing myself say it out loud made it more real rather than just thinking about it. I walked down a small hallway that lead to the small study, which was across from the living room. The windows were huge showing the front yard. I could see the saleswoman standing beside her car reading something in her black binder. The walls of the study were a deep scarlet too, but the flooring was white carpet. I would probably need to change that since I spilt things constantly.

I looked up the stairwell that divided the study and the living area. Touching the cherry wood banister I smiled, it felt like home. In Carolina my parent's house had the same banister.

"A touch of home." I whispered to myself as I walked up the stairs.

It led to a loft that could easily be a hang out for people. Walking straight across I came to the bathroom; it had a huge white tub and a huge mirror that took up the whole right side of the bathroom. The walls were a soft yellow color and made it feel like summer.

Then there was a guest bedroom beside the bathroom and finally the master bedroom. I walked inside and looked at the white colored walls and the beige colored carpet floors. The saleswoman was right it would be a nice accommodation for me.

Walking back down the stairs I went to the front door and opened it. The woman turned to me when I walked through and shut it. She smiled and I looked back at the house, a crisp white with dark blue shutters around the windows. A nice lawn with a huge tree and a small flowerbed and it had a porch perfect for sitting on in the mornings.

"Have you made a decision?" she asked me.

"I have," I said looking away from the house and met her hazel eyes. "How much?"
♠ ♠ ♠
A new Paul story.
The beginning is short and all, but that will change soon.

So if I get a couple of comments I'll update again today.
=)

-Mimi