Only You Could Love Me This Way

The World

"Bonfire?" I questioned with a raised eyebrow. Emily had invited me over for dinner with the guys. Supposedly today they weren't going to patrol; Sam was letting them have the day off since the past few months had been really quiet.

"Yeah it's Saturday night." Emily said while peeling potatoes skins. I leaned against the counter and nodded thinking about it. She had told me that it was a night when the reservation got together. They would tell stories, dance, eat, and just have a fun time with each other. It sounded like lots of fun and it would be a great way for me to get to know everyone.

"That does sound like fun and I am off." I weighed it all out.

"Paul will be there." Emily said in a singsong like voice. I let my arm slam down on the counter and huffed. She started to laugh and I shook my head, everyone was dead set on us being together. Sure I was his imprint, which means I'm his soul mate. However was does everyone have to keep pushing?

"I like Paul, but why does everyone keep pushing for us to be together?" I asked her and Emily smiled shrugged her shoulders. She finished the last potato and tossed it into the bowl. "Just because we're supposed soul mates doesn't mean we have to be together." I stated and Emily looked at me with a raised eyebrow.

"He's your other half, you're perfect for each other, you guys will get together trust me, and lets not forget he's not bad looking." Emily listed and I rolled my eyes. I didn't see how we were perfect for each other, but everyone else seemed to think so.

"No, definitely not bad looking," I agreed and Emily laughed as she started to smash the potatoes in the bowl. "How are we perfect for each other though?" I questioned and Emily sighed softly. She stopped smashing and looked at me with a warm smile.

"Paul has never been like this before," Emily paused and I furrowed my brows. "He would kinda just date a girl for a week or two break her heart and move on, but now he's met you." She explained, but that didn't really answer my question.

"That still doesn't answer my question." I told her and Emily chuckled.

"I mean that Paul actually found someone that means everything to him," Emily said as she started mashing again. My heart skipped a beat; did I really mean that much to him? "He thinks the world of you and I think it kind of scares him sometimes." Emily explained as she put a few seasoning into the mashed potatoes. I nodded slowly starting to feel a bit weird. It was this sudden need of wanting to see Paul.

"I never realized that." I admitted. We had only known each other for about a month now. He had taken me out on two dates, made me dinner, hung out with me whenever he had the chance, he even sent me a bouquet of white and pink calla lilies my favorite flowers.

"He's gonna ask to be your boyfriend," Emily spoke out and I looked at her with wide eyes. "Why do you look so shocked? Surely you knew this was coming." Emily laughed and I shrugged my shoulders. I opened my mouth to say something, but no words came out. My mouth just stayed open and then I shut it shaking my head. It was obvious that Paul really did care and that he wanted to be more, but hearing it from someone just made it pop. Licking my lips I laughed lightly and looked to Emily.

"I did, it's just, I can't believe it." I explained and Emily smiled at me.

"Don't panic." Emily told me and I nodded my head, but I couldn't make any promises. She shook her head as I stood there shocked and amazed, but why? I had no reason to be I knew Paul liked me.

The door slid open. We both looked over at the door as Sam sauntered in going straight to Emily. She smiled and giggled as he pulled her into his arms and kissed her. I smiled too at the scene.

"Get a room!" Quil barked as he strolled in with Embry and Jared.

"You don't need a room unless you need a bed." Emily shot at him and Quil stopped dead in his tracks. She smirked at him and he crossed his arms over his bare chest.

"I've heard that one before." Quil accused pointing a finger at the girl in Sam's arms. She laughed at Quil as he tried to figure it out. That was a very good comeback though I would definitely be using it. At that moment Paul and Jacob walked in. "From Paul." Quil said snapping his fingers looking at the muscled man.

"What?" Paul asked confused as everyone looked at him.

"Don't worry about it." Emily said and he nodded slowly. He spotted me and a smile came to his face. I smiled back at him. Paul walked over to me and I tilted my head. He put his arms around me, his warmth radiating onto my body, and his muscles flexed a bit. It felt so good to be in his arms.

"Hi beautiful." He whispered into my ear causing me to giggle. The butterflies in my stomach going crazy. We pulled away and he stared down at me. "You look amazing." He said gesturing to my white sundress. I had forgot I was wearing it and blushed a bit. Paul chuckled as I tried to hide it from him by looking down. He lifted my face and brushed my hair behind my ear. A shiver went through my spine as his hand grazed a part of my neck.

"Thank you." I said softly and he smiled at me while studying my face. Our eyes locked again and I felt myself leaning towards him.

"Ahem." Sam cleared his throat. Paul rolled his eyes and took in a deep breath. He may have been mad about it, but I was completely flustered. Everyone in the house was staring at us. Not to mention all of them had smirks on their face, talk about awkward. Paul pulled me close to him and I bit my lip as he kept his arm around my waist. "Do you mind?" Sam asked and Paul scoffed.

"Like you're one to talk." Paul said gesturing to Emily who quickly turned around to finish cooking. I giggled as Sam was about to protest, but he realized Paul had him there. Not to mention we didn't even kiss, we just hugged.

"So bonfire this weekend." Seth said breaking the awkward moment. Soon everyone was talking about it. I was glad and watched when Paul pulled me out onto the porch. Maybe this was when he was going to ask. I glanced inside seeing Emily nodded her head to me slightly. Biting my lip I looked back up at Paul.

"You okay?" I asked Paul. He seemed very nervous as he looked at me then back down at the floor.

"Yeah," he nodded his head and smiled at me. "I wanted to ask you something." He said and I nodded my head.

"Ask away." I smiled and he let out a breath taking my hands into his.

"Would you go to the bonfire with me," he paused and I looked down. "As my girlfriend?" Our eyes met hopefulness glowed in his eyes. How could I not say yes?
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys!
Thanks for reading.

Just so you know I will update all of my stories when I get lots of comments.
So if you're reading my other stories and haven't commented get to it for an update.

Thank you for commenting and subscribing!

-Mimi