Only You Could Love Me This Way

Vampires

How many hours had it been? Two, three, four maybe. My eyes drifted to the clock on Emily's kitchen wall. It had been three and a half hours since the boys took off. Everything was quiet though, so maybe we were safe. Emily hadn't given me any reason to believe that we were okay. Kim looked a bit anxious, but then again so was I. Sighing softly I looked away from the clock only hearing the ticking sound.

"Do you think they're okay?" Kim asked. Emily looked up from the hot chocolate she was making us. Her eyes seemed confused, but she had a reassuring look on her face. I guess even Emily had some doubts. They were strong and all together, but still how many vampires were they dealing with?

"They'll be fine Kim," Emily said, walking over with the drinks. "They always are." She handed us the drinks and took a seat at the table. It was how long they were taking, which worried me. What if they were hurt?

I had to stop thinking negatively. Picking up the mug I sipped on the hot liquid. That put me in a slightly calmer state. Kim looked up at the clock and Emily stared out of the glass doors. Hopefully the boys would be coming through soon.

"You and Paul seem to be getting very close," Emily spoke. "It's really cute." I laughed lightly feeling a blush coming on. Kim smiled at me and I shrugged my shoulders biting my lip. We had gotten close, I had told him about my daughter, and that was a deep dark secret of mine. Of course I didn't tell Paul everything about how I got pregnant and all, but he knew enough.

"This imprinting thing is really special." I said, tracing the top of my mug with my finger. Emily nodded in agreement and Kim just stared at me. She and Jared had something special too, very special. They were so in love, just like Sam and Emily. Maybe soon I would be that in love with Paul. I felt like I pretty much was there though.

"Everything falls into place," Kim muttered. "And I love that." She giggled and Emily chuckled softly as well. A smile came to my face and I looked back up at the clock. It was now 11:00 an hour from midnight; my worries were starting to come back.

As if on cue the door slid open. Emily looked up at the door and Kim turned around. My hopes were high as I glanced over to the door seeing Jacob with Quil and Embry at his flanks. They looked perfectly fine aside from being tired. Standing to my feet I felt my knees buckle a bit.

"You guys okay?" Jacob asked looking to the three of us. Kim nodded her head and Emily walked over to them. She stared into Jacob's eyes for a while before touching his arm gently. "Everyone's okay, I promise." He smiled at her.

"Thank goodness." I said with relief.

"They got away." Jacob explained. "We chased them up to the Alaskan border and lost them there." That was a pretty good distance to chase vampires on foot. However I remembered these boys weren't your average wolf either.

Jared walked in next and Kim quickly rushed over to him. He kissed her forehead and held her close. It was very sweet. Behind Jared came Sam with the siblings, Leah and Seth, behind him. Emily greeted him with a warm and loving hug. Now I was starting to get sad, where was Paul?

"It was the same vampires that attacked you Lauren." Sam spoke after he pulled away from Emily. My eyes widened. He looked over at the door as Paul walked inside. I looked at him and he smiled at me warmly. My arms opened up as he came over to me. The moment he touched me and his arms wrapped around me I was sure it was for real and not some sort of dream.

"I told you I'd be okay." He whispered into my ear.

"So you're really okay?" I asked just to be sure. Paul nodded to me and I sighed in relief pulling him back into me. He laughed lightly and stroked my back soothingly. "It was the vampires from before?" I questioned. Paul tensed up and pulled away from me looking over at Sam.

"They want revenge for their dead friend, there are only five others. We'll get them soon enough though." Sam assured me and I nodded my head. Paul agreed with him and kissed my temple. Smiling up at him he rubbed his thumb over my cheek.

"I'll stay with you tonight," Paul said to me. "Just to be sure that those bloodsuckers aren't waiting for you." I nodded my head hoping there would be no vampires. The thought of Paul fighting them and they trying to kill me was very frightening. I just wanted a normal life were Paul and I could be a normal couple, unfortunately I wasn't that lucky.

"All of you get some rest, we're on a hunt tomorrow night." Sam said, looking to all the members of the pack.

"Yeah let's rip those leeches apart." Seth cheered sounding all hyped up. I smiled at his enthusiasm to kill those vampires. The sooner they were gone the better off everyone would be.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment please!
Thank you for reading!

-Mimi