Only You Could Love Me This Way

Drinking Blood

The moment I told Paul that the pack was in a battle with the vampires he quickly took off. No words at all he just ran out of my house. I, of course, followed him outside only seeing him rushing down the road heading straight into the forest. Against my better judgment to just stay put until he returned I went into the kitchen. Grabbing my coat and keys from the rack I rushed outside. Locking the door I slipped on my coat and jumped inside my Jeep.

Revving the engine I put my Jeep into reverse and sped out of the driveway. In a matter of seconds I was flying down the road, way above the speed limit. My only goal was to get to La Push as fast as possible. They probably weren't at La Push, but maybe Emily would know where they were.

I veered to the right. It was a straight shot to La Push now; I'd be there in about five minutes. Pressing down hard on the gas I gripped the wheel tightly. All that was flooding my mind was everyone being safe. The pack may have been built to destroy vampires, but it wasn't like vampires were weaklings. Take in a shake breath I tried to think positively.

I rounded another corner seeing the beach ahead of me. Not minutes before a man stood perfectly still in the middle of the road. Screaming I slammed on the breaks coming to a screeching stop. Panting heavily I opened my eyes seeing the man only a few inches away from the nose of my Jeep. Sinking back into my seat I stared at the man and he smirked at me. In that moment I knew he wasn't a human, but a vampire.

"Hello Lauren." He greeted. I panicked upon seeing his fangs and diamond like skin sparkling in the sliver of sunlight that broke through the sun. That vampire was the same one who attacked me a few months ago. His blonde hair slicked back, his muscles lean, and eyes solid black no white at all.

My brain was telling me to drive away as quickly as possible, but my body was frozen stiff. I tried to tell myself to move, but I couldn't bring myself to do it. The fear of death was holding me captive. Gasping for breath as the blonde vampire walked around the Jeep to my door I screamed when he flung the door open.

"Get away from me!" I screamed as his cold, long bony fingers jerked me out of the Jeep. My body crashed onto the asphalt ground and I rolled twice. Grunting I tried to get up, but the blonde vampire grabbed a hand full of my hair. A cry of pain escaped from my lips and I tried to pry his fingers loose.

No human would be able to stop a vampire. He pulled me onto my feet and I hissed out in pain as he shoved me forward. I stumbled once he let go and collapsed onto the ground. Quickly turned around I started to crawl away as the blonde lurched forward. Panting I scrambled backwards, but he appeared beside me in seconds kneeling on the ground. A smirk came to his lips as he grabbed me by my neck. Gasping in pain he lifted me up.

Trying to break lose I kicked my legs, but it was pointless. My eyes stared deeply into his. The only intent he had was to kill me, I was sure of it. He'd want Paul to suffer like he had. Licking his lips the vampire put his free arm around my waist and held the back of my head. I tried to move away, but I froze the moment his fang traced the vein on my neck.

"You smell delicious." The vampire chuckled and I choked on my breath.

"Please don't." I begged, but the moment I did his fangs pricked at my skin. Whimpering I hoped that one of the wolves was coming to rescue me.

"I want them to hear your scream!" he shouted loudly. Letting go of my head his hand went to my arm. Crushing down on my bones I heard them snap all over. A blood-curdling scream erupted from inside of me. "Louder!" he growled tossing me aside.

Tears started to form in my eyes. I could feel them trailing down my cheeks. The pain in my arm burned and I could feel the blood pumping throughout my body. Looking back at the vampire he hissed at me and I sobbed even more taking hold of my arm. It was too painful to get up and if I tried to run he'd only catch me.

"Why are you doing this?" I sobbed scooting away as he started to circle me.

"My friend is dead because of you. My clan ripped to shreds because of those bloody wolves!" he snarled at me and I swallowed hard.

"You could have left, they wouldn't have followed you." I panted. The moment those words left my mouth he came beside me in a flash. My eyes darted to him and a fiery sting rushed to my cheek. I was pushed back slightly by the power of his strike. A cooper taste filled my mouth and I coughed choking on my blood.

"Yes, suffer!" this guy was crazy. He was taking pleasure out of all of this. Gasping for air I spit more blood out of my mouth. The burning in my arm and stinging of my cheek hadn't faded at all. The blonde smirked at me and pulled out a sharp dagger. My eyes widened and I scooted away as he came to me. It was pointless though as the blade pressed up against my skin. Closing my eyes tightly I awaited to feel the pain.