Only You Could Love Me This Way

Silenced

I heard an angered growl and gasped when a huge dark gray wolf brought down the crazy vampire. Pushing myself up on my elbows I backed away as the two fought. I gasped when the wolf was thrown aside and the vampire hissed. He stood to his feet and glared coldly at the wolf as it got back up. When the wolf turned to me I relaxed knowing it was Paul. He was here to protect me, if only I hadn't been so stupid. I should have just stayed home and Paul wouldn't be defending me.

"So you're the one." The vampire said darkly.

Paul growled lowering his body to the ground and quickly launched at the vampire. He knocked the vampire down, but just before I started to feel safe Paul let out a pained cry. My eyes widened as he stumbled backwards and blood splattered on the ground. The vampire laughed evilly and jumped to his feet with blood stained all over him.

"Paul!" I screamed as the vampire charged at him. They got into another tangle, but Paul managed to move away. He snarled as the vampire came at him again. Paul snapped his jaws tightly down on the vampires arm causing him to cry out. Shaking him around Paul flung him into a nearby tree and roared. I felt my breathing quickening and my heart was pounding.

"You were created to kill us." The vampire hissed and Paul growled charging at the vampire and sunk his fangs into his throw. I heard the crunching of bones and the dripping of blood on the road. Looking away I heard Paul snarled coldly and looked back to him.

He was staggering as the blood from his wound seeped onto the ground dripping with every little movement he made. I let out a wavered breath I tried to push myself up, but a sharp pain shot up my arm. At the moment I remembered that the vampire that Paul had just killed broke it. Gasping in pain Paul whined and staggered over to me.

"No don't move!" I begged him as I shakily got up. Holding to my arm I walked over to him and hugged him. His fur was stick with water and blood and he was breathing heavily. Tears formed in my eyes and I shook my head gently stroking his neck. Before I knew it Paul collapsed onto the ground. "Paul! No! Stay awake! Paul!" I screamed his name shaking his shoulder gently, but he was fading quickly. Looking to the wound I saw that it had gone very close to his heart.

I sobbed begging him to stay awake. His eyes slowly closed and I shook him gently, but it wasn't working. My eyes burned and my heart was breaking as Paul was slowly fading away leaving me alone.

"Paul! Listen to me," I begged gently stroking the side of his face, but his eyes remained closed. Grabbing a fistful of his fur I let out another sob and shook my head. "Please Paul, I need you! I love you! Don't leave me!" I cried burying my face into his furry shoulder that was covered in blood and tears. Even though I begged and cried for him to wake up and stay with me he never moved and his breathing was becoming slower.

"Lauren!" I heard Seth calling my name, but my vision was blurred by my tears. A warm hand gently touched my shoulder and I pushed the away trying to hold onto Paul, but I was too weak. Seth lifted me from the ground and I heard the rest of the pack talking, but it all started to fade into complete silence.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's so short.
But I hope you enjoyed it.

-Mimi