Only You Could Love Me This Way

Invitation

I pulled my yellow Jeep into the driveway of my new home and cut the ignition. Brushing my auburn colored hair out of my face and opened up my door. My tennis shoes touched the wet ground below, slamming my door shut I went around to the back of my truck.

"Okay let's get you guys planted." I smiled opening up the back of the Jeep. Pulling out two trays of different flowers. Red, white, purple, blue, and yellow, it would be wonderful to add some color in front of the house.

Walking over to the flowerbed in front of the small porch I placed the trays down. This was going to be fun, I didn't have much of a green thumb, but I would try. Besides I needed something to occupy my time rather than just sitting inside the house doing nothing.

Going back to my Jeep I pulled out two black planting pots with a red rose bush. Pushing the door shut with my hips I walked back to the flowerbed and marveled the flowers I had just bought from the nursery.

"Hello Lauren," a voice came from behind. I turned and spotted Sue Clearwater walking over to me. She had introduced herself to me the day after I moved in; she had her son help me with my furniture too. "Those look beautiful." She smiled looking down at my array of flowers.

"Thank you," I smiled back meeting her eyes.

"I know you're knew and all, but I wanted to invite you to a party I'm having next Saturday." Sue said pulling out a small blue piece of paper. Taking it from her I looked at the information on it. Looking back up at the woman in a blue sundress with a black shawl over her shoulders smiled at me.

"Oh, thank you Sue." I told her nodding my head looking back down at the invitation.

"I thought you'd like to maybe, meet a few people." She shrugged and I nodded my head.

"Yeah, this is great. I'll, uh clear my schedule," I told her. It would be nice to meet some people, but at the same time I didn't really want to go. However I couldn't refuse Sue, she had been really nice to me. Her son too, not to mention Charlie Swan, her boyfriend and chief of police here in Forks. "Would you like me to bring anything?" I asked her pushing a strand of hair behind my ear.

"Don't trouble yourself," Sue waved away my question and I nodded. "Just come and have fun." She told me with a warm smile.

"I will." I smiled at her. The older woman waved to me and walked back across the yard over to Charlie's house. When she was inside the house I sighed softly, what did I just get myself into? "To late to turn back now." I muttered under my breath lookin back down at the invitation. Folding up the paper I put it into my jean pockets and looked back to my flowers.

Kneeling down before them I started to plan on how I would have them arranged. It would only take a couple of hours and then I would relax inside the house.

_____

The week flew by it was all a blur. I barely accomplished anything, but I did find a job that was a good thing. Actually I got two part time jobs, which was a good thing for me. One was at a daycare where I only worked weekdays from 9:00 to 5:00 and then I would moonlight as a waitress four times a week.

"Up or down?" I asked my reflection as I looked into the mirror. Gathering up my auburn locks I put it up in a ponytail. It didn't look good so I put it back down letting it cascaded down to my mid back. Why I was stressing over this was beyond me, I had no one to impress. "This is ridiculous, it's a summer barbeque, not a black tie event." I told myself as I fluffed up my hair a bit.

Turning around I grabbed my yellow summer spaghetti strap dress from the hook on the bathroom door and started to undress from my tank top and sweatpants. Pulling the dress down I looked at myself in the mirror. Thankfully the dress covered the small scar on the right side of my chest.

"I can do this." I told myself.

A knock came to the door and I furrowed my brows. Running down the stairs I walked to the door and slowly pulled it open. A shaggy haired teen with a bright smile stood on my doorstep. "Hi Miss Lauren." Seth Clearwater said cheerfully waving to me.

"Hello Seth," I paused opening the door fully and saw he was not alone. "Uh, how can I help you?" I asked him turning to look at him then back at his two friends behind him standing in my drive way.

"My mom wanted me to ask if you had any serving trays, she's a little short." Seth said gesturing with his hands.

"Oh, sure come in." I said letting him walk into the foyer. He was tall and muscular, much different from his small mother. Seth rocked back and forth on the balls of his feet as he glanced around my house. Walking into the kitchen I pulled out two silver serving trays.

"You look nice today, Miss Lauren." Seth told me as I walked over to him holding the trays.

"Thank you." I said looking down at my dress a blush on my face. He may have been younger than me, but he was still good-looking and very charming. Seth smiled as he took the trays and looked back to his friends.

"So we'll see you at the party tonight?" he asked before exiting.

"Yes." I nodded and he nodded walking outside. He walked over to his friends and I smiled as they looked back at me. Seth shouted a thank you and waved before jogging across the yard back to Charlie's house. I waved back and noticed one of the guys still staring at me. It made me feel a bit self-conscious. Shaking the thoughts off I quickly retreated back inside. "Weird." I muttered under my breath looking out the peephole of my door.

He was still standing there, but he slowly started walking away. I watched him walk across the yard and sighed in relief. However I won't lie I was curious. I wanted to know what he was thinking while staring at me, whether it be good or bad.
♠ ♠ ♠
I felt like updating again.
However I won't be update again until I get two more comments.
=)

-Mimi