Only You Could Love Me This Way

Together

"Lauren, sweetheart?" Emily's voice filled my ears and I grunted trying to open my eyes. When they came open though fluorescent lighting blinded me. Trying to block it only caused a pain to shoot through my arm. Glancing at my arm it was wrapped in a cast with red bandages. My eyes widened and I swallowed hard trying to think back to what had happened to me.

"Emily?" I croaked out, my throat was so dry and my lips very chapped. She leaned forward and I saw her scared face hovering above mine. Giving me a soft smile she gently stroked my hair back. It was good to see a friendly face. "What happened?" my voice cracked and I coughed. She shushed me and pulled away grabbing a cup of water.

"Take a sip." Emily spoke handing me the cup. She helped me sit up and I took a sip of the cool water. I felt it tickle my throat and it felt so good. Let out a small refreshed breath I thanked her and laid back down on the pillows.

"Paul?" I asked her after clearing my throat.

"He's resting," Emily replied sitting on the edge of my bed. "Don't worry Lauren, he'll be fine." She assured me and I smiled thanking her for the comfort. Emily placed her hand on mine and patted it gently.

"And the others?" Everything was slowly flooding back into my mind. The pack was fighting those vampires and I went after Paul. One of the vampires tried to kill me, but Paul came to my rescue. He'd gotten severely injured, but Seth came and took me away before I could see what happened.

I remembered Paul had killed the vampire, but he was bleeding profusely from his wound. The images were burned in my mind and soon everything had gone black. Now here I am lying in a hospital room with Emily beside me.

"Everyone is fine," Emily said and turned around. I looked past her shoulder and saw Sam and Seth walking into my room. They looked perfectly fine, which was a relief to me. Emily smiled as Sam walked over to her and kissed her cheek. "Look who finally woke up." Emily gestured to me and Sam smiled.

"You had us all worried their for a while Lauren." Sam said to me and I chuckled softly.

"Well I was a punching bag for a vampire." I joked and Sam gave me a sympathetic look. He felt bad about what happened, it was his job to make sure that everyone was protected. It wasn't his fault and I wish he wouldn't feel guilty. If Sam felt bad I could only imagine what was going through Paul's head.

My eyes drifted to Seth who sat on the other side of the bed by my shoulder. Smiling up at him I gently patted his arm and he smiled at me. Even he looked a bit disappointed that I was here. They were all probably thinking that this never should have happened to me. It never would have though if I never left.

"Are you feeling good?" Seth asked.

"All things considered I feel great," I answered honestly and Seth sighed in relief. Emily nodded her head and Sam remained silent just staring at me. I wondered if Paul had woken up or if he had been out like me. "How long was I out?" I asked them.

"Three days." Seth answered and I gasped. That was quite a long time to be out, but then again a vampire did beat me pretty good. Maybe being up in three days was a good thing.

"When can I see Paul?" I asked looking at everyone. Emily looked away from me and up to Sam. He stared at her for a moment before turning to me. "Where is he?" I asked.

"He feels guilty Lauren," Sam muttered and I furrowed my brows. "You might want to wait a while." He explained and I frowned. Those weren't exactly the words I wanted to hear from him. Sighing softly, I reluctantly agreed and felt Seth stroke the top of my head. Looking at him I smiled weakly and he gave me a soft smile back. He probably knew how much it bothered me.

"When can I leave?" I asked hoping it would be soon.

"Tomorrow." Emily told me and I nodded. The sooner I could leave the sooner I could see Paul. He probably left the hospital the moment he woke up.

"Is Paul here?" I asked curiously.

"Nope, he checked out this morning." Seth chuckled as if he was remembering the event. I gave a worried smile and looked to Sam who took in a deep breath and let it out while shaking his head. Emily giggled and patted her fiancés arm. He smiled down at her and looked back at me.

"Everything will be fine, just rest for now." Emily told me and Sam agreed with her. I nodded knowing that they were right, the vampires I had been taken care of. All I had to do was focus on getting better so I could see Paul.

"I will." I smiled.

__________

Emily told me to stay at her and Sam's place for a few days until I could handle being on my own. I agreed and went to my house with her and Seth to get some personal things to bring. As I was packing some clothes Seth walked into my room and plopped down onto my bed.

"I talked to Paul this morning." Seth told me and I looked at him with hopeful eyes.

"How is he?" I asked and Seth shrugged his shoulders tilting his head around. Scoffing I zipped up my bag and tossed it on the ground. I sat down beside him and he smiled at me. "Is he okay?" I questioned hoping Seth would answer my question.

"Yeah he's fine, but he really misses you." Seth smiled and I was glad to hear he was okay and that he missed me. I really missed him and I just wanted to see me if anything. Actually a hug and kiss would be perfect from him. Running my fingers through my hair I looked to my broken arm, which was resting in a sling. If Paul saw this he'd never forgive himself.

"Well let's go I want to see him." I scooted off my bed and gestured for Seth to get my bag. He rolled off my bed and took my bag following me down the stairs. As I trotted down the stairs I stopped when I saw Paul standing in the doorway. He was panting and looked very tired, as he stood there just staring at me.

Licking my lips I walked down the last few steps and stopped. Paul studied me and flinched upon seeing my arm, but I shook my head. Taking in a deep breath I slowly let it out and walked a bit closer. Paul turned away from me, but I placed a hand on his face. When he turned to look at me and our eyes locked I shook my head.

"This is not your fault." I told him being completely serious. He nodded stiffly and I smiled at him warmly. Biting my lip I got onto my toes and pressed my lips against his. Within a second Paul kissed back and wrapped his arms around my waist. His hands slowly moved up though and went through my hair. I smiled against the kiss and slowly pulled away from him.

"I love you." Paul whispered to me sincerely and I hugged him. He smiled and kissed my temple gently stroking my back.

"I love you too, Paul." I said kissing his lips once again. He smiled and showered me with kisses. Seth cleared his throat behind us and I turned around laughing lightly. The burly kid rolled his eyes and looked over at Emily who was standing in the living room with a beaming smile on her face.

"Don't be jealous Seth." Paul smirked and the kid snickered rolling his eyes.

"Let's go home." I said looking at Emily and Seth. Paul quickly swept me off my feet and carried me outside. I laughed as he spun me around.
♠ ♠ ♠
The End.

An epilogue may come.

Please check out my Embry story: You Don't See Me

-Mimi