Only You Could Love Me This Way

Paul

I was a bit on the early side, but I figured I could help set-up the food or decoration. Knocking on the door I heard a few voice coming from inside. I stepped back and waited for someone to answer. Footsteps pounded against the ground and the doorknob turned. A girl with short hair that came to her shoulders flung the door open and her skin was flawless.

"Hello," I smiled and she sent a weak smile back at me. Licking my lips I tried to think of what to say next, but Seth trotted over to the door his goofy smile across his face. He said hi to me and the girl walked away kind of grudgingly. "Did I do something wrong?" I asked gesturing to the girl walking away heading for the kitchen.

"Oh, no that Leah, my older sister," Seth waved the matter off and gestured for me to head inside. I thanked him as I walked inside my inch heels clicking onto the tile foyer floor. "Don't worry about her, you're early too." Seth said as he looked over at the clock on the wall.

"I can leave and come back." I joked softly and Seth chuckled shaking his head.

"Don't worry about it," he told me as he led me to the small backyard. When we entered I spotted a group of four guys in the corner of the patio area. They were all talking and all of them shirtless, with the exception of one. "Ma, Miss Lauren's here." Seth said waving his mom over to us. However my eyes were still studying the group of guys.

"Oh you're early," Sue smiled walking over us holding a case of sodas. "Seth taking these. Boys get back to work we have half an hour before people start arriving!" The group of boys looked over at us and then started to head off in different direction to set-up.

"Who are they?" I asked slightly interested in the muscled men running around.

"Seth's friends." She replied looking at them as well.

"How old are they?" I questioned.

"Early twenties," Sue shrugged and looked back at me. I smiled at her and nodded my head as she led me back inside to the kitchen. The girl from earlier, Leah, looked at us as we entered and remained sitting at the table. "Leah this is Lauren, she just moved in." Sue gestured to me and I smiled weakly waving to the girl.

"Yes I heard." Leah said somewhat bitterly. I really wondered if I had done something wrong. Sue furrowed her brows and shook her head looking back to me. She studied my whole attire and chuckled lightly. I looked down wondering if something was on my dress.

"You look lovely," Sue told me and I laughed out in relief. "I bet there won't be a guy who would want to dance with you tonight." She said to me and I blushed hoping that wouldn't be the case. I wanted to be a wallflower at the party.

"Everything is setup," Seth said as he walked into the kitchen with a handsome man behind him. Our eyes met and I could only stare at the deepness, it was like I was drowning in all the intensity. Sue and Seth were mingling on and on, but I found it hard to pay attention. The guy before me was shirtless only wearing shorts that were hanging loosely onto his hips. His abs perfectly tone and his copper skin nice and polished. I finally found the strength to turn away from him, but when I glanced back I found him still looking at me. "Yeah we're going to get Sam and Emily right now, come on Paul." Seth said nudging the guy behind him and walked out of the kitchen.

So his name was Paul, he was a very handsome man. He smiled weakly and turned his attention back to Seth who was already heading out the front door. Quickly he exited the room and I turned around watching him exit the building. My heart was pounding and my cheeks were most likely lobster red.

"Well I'm going to get dressed," Sue said looking at me and I turned to her nodding my head. "Make yourself comfortable." She told me before smiling and heading up the stairs. I sighed softly trying to regain my composure how Sue didn't realize I was blushing and was redder than ever was beyond me.

"Aren't you lucky." Leah spoke up and I turned to her.

"What?" I was confused by her statement.

"To have Paul's attention you must be something." Leah told me and I furrowed my brows.

"What are you saying?" I asked her trying to piece her words together.

"Oh nothing," Leah shrugged pushing away from the table. She was a very pretty girl and looked nice dressed in a demin skirt and red blouse. Running her fingers through her hair she looked back at me. "Enjoy the party." She smiled warmly before leaving me alone in the kitchen.

"Odd." I muttered under my breath before pulling out a chair to sit at the table. Maybe this Paul guy didn't go after girls or something? Unless they were like really special, but I was nothing special. Just an average young woman trying to pick up the pieces of my broken heart.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you all for the comments!
I loved them.

40 reads. 14 subscribers. 5 comments.

Please oh please give me more comments.
If I get lots I update quicker!

-Mimi