Only You Could Love Me This Way

Saved

I was bussing a table. Jacob's words hadn't left my mind since he had said them. Over and over they continued to ring into my ears and I thought I was going to explode. It was bad enough my mom stressed me out over the one thing I was trying to get away from. Now I had to worry about Paul, but really why come to me if he ran away? What could I do for him? What made them think he would come to me in the first place? This is all so, so annoying and tiring. I'm too young to be fretting over such trivial matters.

"Lauren are you alright?" David, my balding boss, asked me with a concerned look on his face. I stared at the beer-bellied man for a moment before snapping out of my thoughts. "You just seem tense." He observed and I laughed sheepishly hoping to play it off.

"I'm fine, just thinking about something that happened earlier." I shrugged it off and David stared at me disbelieving, but nodded giving me a warm smile. He left me alone after that walking across the small café going into the kitchen. I sighed in relief and tossed the rag onto the table.

The bell of the front door jingled and I looked up at our customers. I smiled upon seeing two pale guys walking in, I mean snow white pale. They looked at me and I smiled warmly before wiping down the blue tabletop. The red and white-checkered floor probably needed to be swept up a bit too, so to preoccupy myself from Jacob's words I would clean even more.

"Is everything alright ma'am?" one of the guys asked in a smooth voice that was dark and very mysterious. It was all so alluring and the way his eyes glowed with such interest.

"Yes." I nodded breaking my attention from him gathering up the cleaning supplies.

"You seemed worried." The other said appearing behind me.

"I'm not." I assured even though it was a lie and they probably caught onto that. They looked the same as far as skin and eyes were concerned. The one who had spoken to me first put a smile on his face and I backed away.

"Don't be afraid." He whispered and I pushed his hand away as he tried to reach for my face.

"I have work to do, so if you'll excuse me." I growled pushing past the other guy. They both watched me with these horrendous looks of lust and hunger. It made a shiver run up and down my spine. They both sat at a corner both and talked quietly. One of the other waitresses went over to get their orders while I went around and opened all the blinds to the windows. The sun was slowly heading downwards and the dark velvet of the skies were beginning to show.

"Man those boys are cute." Julie, the girl who had just taken the pale men's orders, gushed as she walked back towards the kitchen to give the order to Romero, our cook. He nodded his white apron stained with food and sauces of all kinds.

"But weird." I added as I started to put more napkins into the silver dispensers. Julie gave me a weird look and I shrugged my shoulders as I went to put the dispensers out on the tables.

"Thank you." One of the pale guys with shaggy black hair smiled at me. I smiled back about to walk away when he grabbed my wrist and pulled me back. Wincing at his cold tight grip I tried to pull away.

"Please let go." I begged.

"Are you scared?" he asked while his blonde friend chuckled softly.

"No, but you're hurting me." I grunted as he squeezed even tighter. A yelp was building up in my throat, but I didn't want to draw attention myself. Thankfully enough it was a very slow evening and no one was here other than these two and of course my fellow employee's.

"My apologies." He smirked releasing me from his hold. I rubbed my wrist with my other hand and quickly headed for the kitchen. Something told me to tell David, but for some reason I didn't want to.

"What happened?" Julie asked seeing the red finger like marks around my wrist.

"Nothing," I murmured walking to David's office. He wouldn't kick them out, well maybe he would, but I figured it be better if I just asked to go home. After all David knew I was having an off day and it was extremely slow, why would he need me? Knocking on his office door he called for me to come in. I smiled weakly as I poked my head in and he looked up at me from his paperwork. "Sorry to bother you, but may I go home?" I asked softly.

"Sure it's pretty slow today," he shrugged and I smiled once again about to thank him. "Is everything alright though?" he asked before I could speak and I nodded my head giving him a reassuring smile, although it was all a lie. Jacob's words were still in my head and those guys were still here, so no, nothing was all right.

"I'll be fine, see you tomorrow." I said before backing out of his office. David nodded to me and waved as I closed his door. Right when I turned around I found the guy with blonde hair standing behind me. Squeaking I pressed up against the red colored door and he smirked at me.

"You're cute when you're scared." He said smoothly and I furrowed my brows trying to calm myself. This guy had some nerve trying to harass me and his friend was no better.

"Leave me alone." I commanded walking around him. "I'm leaving tonight, see you guys tomorrow." Julie and Romero looked at me and waved as I clocked out for the evening. Waving goodbye I started for the glass door finding both of those pale guys sitting at the corner booth again, thankfully.

Going for my Jeep parking in the very empty parking lot I pulled my keys from my back pocket. They jingled as I found the main key and unlocked the door. As I was getting in I looked out the windshield and jumped seeing the pale guy with black hair standing there. He licked his lips and I slammed the door shut, but it was immediately reopened by the blonde guy. Right before I could scream he quickly covered my mouth and pulled me out of the Jeep. I kicked and squirmed trying to break free, but it wasn't going to well.

"Help!" I managed to get out as the blonde slammed me up again the side of my Jeep. Kicking and squirming was the best I could do, but it barely bothered him. His hold on me was so strong and forceful I was terrified.

"Stop squirming." He commanded and the one with black hair appeared by his side helping him hold me back.

"I want the first bite." The guy with black hair said and the blonde growled at him. What the hell were they talking about? I tried to kick again, but the blonde slammed me against my truck once again. Tears started to fall from my eyes I didn't want to die like this.

"Get the fuck away from her!" a voice came and I looked behind the two guys pinning me down seeing a shadowed figure along with three huge wolves behind him. I squirmed again, but the guy with black hair pulled me from the truck and tossed me aside as if I was a rag doll. I rolled twice as I hit the gravel ground and grunted trying to get up.

One of the biggest wolves a solid black one with gleaming blue eyes lowered his body as he quickly jumped forward to attack the black hair guy, but was deflected crashing into a tree. I gasped and tried to crawl away when the blonde grabbed me by my hair and pulled me in an upright position. Tears fell from my eyes and I reached for his writs hoping to pry his hands away from me.

"Let her go!" the person growled and I opened my eyes looking to the speaker. It was Paul; he was the one yelling at the two freaks that were trying to kill me. "You're not going to like it when I get angry." Paul fumed as his fist clenched and his jaw tightened.

A russet colored wolf growled behind him his ears laying flat against his head. His fangs razor sharp as he lowered his body preparing to strike. The blonde stared at them and heard his friend cry out. He let go of me and I crumbled to the ground. A sandy-brown wolf had a hold of the black haired guys arm and was shaking him around violently. Quickly the blonde vanished into the shadows leaving his friend to his death as the huge black wolf joined in to shred him to piece. I looked at them and soon was overcome and fainted.
♠ ♠ ♠
New Paul story: He Named Me Lady.

It will be the last story I write until I complete my other stories.
=)

Thank you all very much for commenting!
Have a lovely Christmas day.
<3

-Mimi