Status: Completed.

Falling for the Enemy

-001.-

Edward Cullen had contemplated about his dilemma for awhile now. His long journey of love with Bella Swan was coming to an end and he knew it wasn’t going to be pretty. He thought falling in love with a human was hard, but what about falling in love with the enemy, the one and only, Jacob Black.

Impossible, right? That’s what Edward thought as well.

He was wrong.

“Edward, you’ve been so distant lately,” Bella said with deep concern as she placed her warm hand over his cold one, “What’s the matter?”

How could he explain to her what the problem was? Edward cared for Bella deeply, but not in the way he had in the beginning.

“There’s something I have to tell you, Bella,” Edward said as he looked at her straight in the face, “Please, sit down.”

Bella’s face showed immense concern, she immediately took a seat without even hesitating, “What is it?” she asked with extreme curiosity, “What’s going on?”

“This is going to sound completely insane, but it needs to come out, I can’t hold it in any longer,” Edward finally said, “It’s killing me inside that I’m hiding it.”

“Hiding what?” Bella asked him, “You’re not leaving again, are you?”

Edward shook his head, “No, I’m not going anywhere,” he said to her honestly, “Now, let me finish.”

“Alright, go ahead,” she said as she motioned for him to continue.

“I’m not in love with you anymore,” he said in almost a whisper.

Bella’s jaw dropped, “W-w-what?” she stuttered like crazy, “What do you mean, y-y-you’re not in love with me anymore?”

“It’s not that hard to comprehend,” Edward scoffed; his voice was in a sarcastic tone.

“But, why?” she said as tears began to pour out of her eyes.

“I’m in love with someone else,” he said truthfully with a slight smile.

Her face turned angry, “Who?” she said with fury in her voice.

“I can’t say,” he said to her, “But if I continued my relationship with you, it would be a complete and utter lie, it wouldn’t be fair to you.”

“You’re lying, you’re just going to leave again,” she said as she threw her hands up in anger, “If you leave, I’ll kill myself, and I’ll be successful this time.”

“Don’t be ignorant!” Edward shouted at her, “That’s completely childish and you know it!”

“Just watch,” she threatened.

Edward glared at her, “If you really want to do that, fine,” he said as he grabbed his jacket off of the chair, “But think about Charlie and Renee, think about how much it would hurt them.”

Bella opened her mouth to speak but Edward cut her off, “Goodbye, Bella,” he said as he jumped through her bedroom window.

Where was Edward going to go now? Home? He could possibly tell Carlisle about his somewhat sudden love for the dog, but where would that get him? Nowhere. Carlisle would just lecture him on how it could affect everything. Their family, Jacob’s Klan, and most importantly, the treaty.

Edward knew where he needed to go. He needed to see Jacob.

It didn’t take him long to reach Jacob’s house, due to the power of speed, it took him approximately four minutes.

He reached the doorstep and knocked. He could hear Billy Black’s thoughts, ’Who in the world is knockin’ at this hour.’

The door opened and their eyes connected with anger, it was instinct.

“What are you doing here, Cullen?” Billy asked with complete rudeness, “You have no business coming ‘round here.”

Edward tried to keep in his anger, “I need to speak to Jacob, it’s important,” he said in a somewhat calm tone.

“JACOB! THAT DAMN BLOOD SUCKER IS HERE!” Billy called out throughout their house.

Edward could here Jacob coming down their stairs; he tried extremely hard to read Jacob’s thoughts, but failed.

“What do you need, Cullen?” A shirtless Jacob called from behind his father, his voice was calm to.

Edward was happy about that; he couldn’t just confess the love he had for him if he was angry.

“I need to speak with you,” Edward said to Jacob and then turned to Billy, “Privately. It’s about Bella.” Edward lied.

Jacob studied his face but couldn’t tell if he was lying or not, “We can talk upstairs,” Jacob said to him, “Follow me.”

Edward did what Jacob had instructed him to do and followed him up the stairs into his bedroom.

“Finally decide that I’m better for Bella than you are?” Jacob asked with a light laugh.

“Not exactly,” Edward said as he ran his fingers through his hair nervously as he tried to keep his eyes off of Jacob’s body, “She’s unclaimed now, though.”

Jacob’s face turned curious, “Unclaimed?” he questioned, “What exactly does that mean?”

“It means her and I are no longer together,” Edward said as he looked down at his feet as he tried to think straight, “There was complications.”

“Mind sharing them?” Jacob asked with a smirk as he crossed his arms.

“Mind putting on a shirt,” Edward blurted, “Your body is distracting me.”

“The temperature in here is through the roof, it’s scorching in here,” Jacob said to him.

Edward’s eyes traveled back up his perfect body and he licked his lips without realizing it, “There’s something you need to know,” he said once his eyes connected with Jacob’s.

“Are you going to tell me or not?” Jacob said with a light laugh and playfully struck Edward in the arm, “It’s not like you’re confessing your love to me or something.”

Edward was shocked that he said it so bluntly, he looked down at his hands, “What if I was?” he asked in a soft tone.

It was silent for about a whole minute. Edward had doubts running in and out of his mind and the thing is…so did Jacob.

“If you’re kidding tell me now,” Jacob said in a whisper, “Don’t play with my emotions.”

That caught Edward’s attention and his head shot up, “What?” he asked, “What do you mean?”

Jacob took a deep breath, “I was never in love with Bella,” he said quickly, “It was you all along.”

The two of them just stared into each other’s eyes for what seemed like forever until finally Jacob took two steps towards Edward.

“What now?” Edward asked in a whisper as he watched Jacob’s body move closer to his.

He smiled slyly, “Now you shut up, Cullen,” Jacob said in a playful tone, “So, that I can kiss you.”

The gap between their faces was now closed, Edward’s coldness and Jacob’s hotness meshed into one warm, perfect, outcome. They balanced each other out in the most indefectible way.

“Jacob, you’ll never guess---”

The two of them jerked apart and their eyes darted to the bedroom door way.

It was Bella, the only words that could escape her lips were, “Oh my god.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Your feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Since both of the boys, Taylor Lautner and Robert Pattinson, are absolutely gorgeous, I was thinking about writing a slash story between them. If I did, would you read it?

It's just something that I'm considering. Nothing's for sure yet.