Sequel: Queens of the Night

Kings of War

Elizabeth

Waiting made her nervous and impatient, especially when she couldn't hear what was going on. She waited there, her cheek pressed against Senga's shoulder, for any mention of what was going on. She was curious all the time, she liked to be informed. Running her fingers through her hairm she chewed on her lip, eyes drooping. She was a little bit sleepy, and honestly all she wanted was to eat a little bit and then go to bed. Curl up next to Xander and feel safe. That was honestly her favorite part of the whole day. She loved to get into bed next to him, pull the covers up and snuggle in and feel safe and cozy. He was her favorite out of anyone here. of course, he was her maker, so that meant a lot, but she really just felt comfortable with him. Comfortable that he would love her forever in his own way.

She jumped when the door opened, watching Senga leap to her feet. She just looked, watching Xander come in. He made his way to her side and she watched him come over, eyes wide. She was always so curious. It was in her nature, she couldn't help it. She was hoping for some answers. As soon as he came over, she had to work to hold back the flood of questions that wanted to come out. Instead she tilted her head, examining hiim carefully with her utmost attention while he spoke. He always knew what to say.

Wiggling her butt to perch on the very edge of the bed, she paid him one hundred percent of her attention. She didn't want him to be angry with her, and so she always gave him the attention he deserved. She did have a lot of respect for him-- he commanded it. He was stern when he needed to be and soft when he wanted. She loved it when he was cuddly, even if it was just the way he held her to his chest at night. She liked Shaun well enough, even though he terrified her. Xander would always be her very favorite.

She leanred against him affectionately when he stood at her side, snuggling into him. She looked up at him with big blue eyes, unable to stay comepletely still. "Can I ask now? And we can eat later?" She questioned him, curiosity burning at her. She wanted to know why there was so much commotion inside the castle. Why Shaun was beating on somebody, and why he was so tense all afternoon. She avoided him in the best of times, afraid of his temper, but today she had really steered clear of him for fear that he was in a bad mood. He didn't seem to be very pleased. Laying her cheek on Xander, she looked at him with wide, baleful eyes. She just wanted an answer for her few questions and some supper, then she was more than happy to climb into bed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Liz is cute. sorry for shortness.