Sequel: Queens of the Night

Kings of War

Eli

Eli was pacing Shaun's room while Jason lay sleeping soundly on the bed that had been brought in for him. She wanted Shaun to come back. Not because she wanted him, but because she wanted to talk to him about these sleeping arrangements. She hadn't gotten the chance to do it before, but she was going to do it now. Of course they wouldn't be able to do it in this room. She wasn't about to wake up Jason because she had to have a discussion with Shaun. It wasn't worth it. She continued pacing and her thoughts slowly moved back to the day when she had been pacing this room with Jason sleeping in his corner.

She was terrified. She was in pain too. Her face still throbbed from the blows she had been dealt. That stupid knight. If only she could believe that Shaun would defend her. Wouldn't he? But after he had ignored Gina's pleas, why would hers be important. She was just his whore as the knight had said and damn the bastard if he wasn't right. She was just a glorified whore, not a queen or a lady. Maybe if Shaun had given her at least something...something more than his arm she wouldn't be in this situation.

To make it even worse, the knight had threatened her baby. She couldn't let that happen. He could do whatever he wanted her to...but not to Jason. No that wasn't quite the truth. She wasn't going to stick around to let the knight touch her again. To use her in whatever way he saw fit. Shaun would hate her and probably hunt her the rest of her life, but her baby was going to be safe. She had to leave.


Eli sighed and shook her head, falling back onto the bed. It was the same bed that he had had two years before. She didn't even want to think of how many women had shared it. There was no way she was going to let him whore around with Jason in the room. That was going to have to be discussed too. Though usually discussing something with Shaun Damon was like hitting your head against a brick wall. It just didn't work. She was going to have to find a way to make it work. Seducing him was an idea, but she didn't want to feel dirty and used. She would have to just try and not let things devolve into an argument.

The door slammed open making Eli jump. Her eyes were wide and frantic for a moment before she realized it was Saun. "Mommy?" Jason was groggy as he woke up.

"Go back to bed babby," she said gently before marching over to Shaun, glaring up at him. "You and I need to talk now," she hissed pushing at his chest. That was more like pushing against hitting a parked car. He was only going to move if he wanted to.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yes, yes, kind of short, but it's progressing!