Sequel: Queens of the Night

Kings of War

Shaun

Having personal issues didn't mean that Shaun could hang around all day-- No, he had matters to attend to. After all, his position as King required a lot of time. So, he had left Eli and Jason in his room while he tied up a few loose ends before calling it a day. Besides, something told him that he had a lot of explaining to do; then again, so did Eli. There were a lot of answers that he needed to know-- especially now that his famous temper had cooled a bit. he was still angry with her, no doubt about it, but not quite the level of fury he had worked himself up to before. It was a tad more subdued.

Having done all his king-ly duties for the day, he made his way back to his room, where he had put Eli and Jason until he was dinished. It would be a big fat lie if he said be didn't have anywhere else to put them. There were many rooms here, many places that he could have had them stay until he could come see them. He wanted them here, though-- it was where he planned on keeping them. Close enough that he could watch them, make sure that nothing went wrong, especially after the mess that the knights had caused. He pushed down the ebb of anger, reminding himself that the people responsible had already been aptly punished. Frowning a little, he fingered the bloodstained brass knuckles hanging around his neck. Yes, Aptly punished indeed.

He shoved into the door with his shoulder, throwing it open with a bang. Eli jumped a half a mile in the air, looking at him with huge eyes. He'd assumed she would have been asleep, or busy plotting ways to kill him. Not...well. Standing there. Pacing. Whatever the fuck she was doing. His eyes wandered to Jason stirring, laid out in bed. Kind of like the way things used to be, before Eli had disappeared for no reason, leaving him rather lost and heartbroken. He had a kingdom to run, though. Emotions were for pussies, anyways, so he had done what any self-respecting king would do and gotten the fuck over it. Shit happened, and he didn't have all the time in the world to hunt her down right that second-- but he was always looking. She was crazy if she thought that he would let her get away that easily and not even look for her. He had been waiting for the right moment, when he would find out where she was.

He looked down at Eli when she came forwards, shoving at his chest as if that was supposed to do something. Hah. He was probably twice her size, there was no way that she was going to move him. Reaching down, he grabbed her wrists and held them in his hands. "You wanna talk? We can talk. But first you can cut your shit out, cause you owe me a hell of an explanation," He growled, eyes narrowing. He could be nice, and he was happy to see her-- genuinely happy. But that didn't mean that she was going to get off scot-free. She had just as much explaining to do. More than he did.

Releasing her wrists, he shut the door behind him and locked it. No need to have anybody intruding on this, it was a bit of a private moment and he didn't want to lose face with the court. She looked fucking pissed. The fury on her face was evident, but he didn't really care. He was pissed off too. Leaning a shoulder against the door, he examined her carefully. There really wasn't much she could do to him if she tried, and he was going to find out what the had happened. "You first." He interjected, watching her intently as she stood there, staring at him like she would like nothing more than to watch him die painfully. "Where the fuck have you been?"
♠ ♠ ♠
thurr you go babes <33