Sequel: Queens of the Night

Kings of War

Elizabeth

Her dream had been quite lovely-- warm, full of rainbows and puppies and all sorts of wonderful things. Things that she didn't get to see everyday and missed from her old life, although she wouldn't give up her new one for the world. It was full of adventures, although she was quite aware that Xander shielded her from a lot of the darker parts of it. She didn't mind, nor did she question. He was her sire, and she was more than happy to obey. Besides, she wasn't in a position to question. It wasn't her job, and besides, she knew Xander would look after her. He wouldn't lead her astray, there was no reason for her to argue.

Elizabeth didn't hear him enter, nor did she feel his eyes on her as he watched her in silent slumber for a moment. A hand laid itself on her shoulder and she stirred a little, pure blue eyes fluttering open to look upon Xander curiously. It was an odd time for her to wake her; or odd for him to wake her at all, really. When he had business to attend to, he always seemed to just let his little vampling sleep, going to his council meetings on his own. She rubbed her eyes, willing herself to wake up a little bit as he spoke to her. she leaned against his torso, feeling the soft rumble of his chest as he spoke to her.

"You want me to come to a council meeting?" She murmured, rubbing the sleep from her eyes with both fists. This was a first-- something important must be going on. It worried a little, and she could tell that something was going on, but she didn't want to question him, not yet. She needed to get ready. She was sure the council meeting would clear up her burning curiosity. Climbing out of the bed, she yawned widely and washed up in the basin in the corner. Xander sat on the edge of the bed to wait for her, so she hurried along her daily routine, finding appropriate cothing for a council meeting and pinning her hair up.

He waited patiently for her, and as soon as she was finished he stood, motioning for her to come with him. "Come along, Lizzie me lass." He said, and she followed his orders without a word, falling into step behind him. She was pleased to be included; sometimes she just felt so childish, like maybe they considered her too young to know about things. She may have been young, but she wasn't stupid. She knew bad things happened in the world, although Elizabeth wasn't yet aware of many of them. Sometimes she wished she could learn. There were many things she needed to bring up with Xander; instead she just chose to wait and hope he decided to talk to her first.

She trailed after him through the hallways silently, thoughts wandering a little. There were a lot of things that the young girl had been sheltered from, sex being one of them. She had never experienced it-- she'd seen it on TV, and she had heard both Shaun and Senga and Ajax having it, and perhaps that was what had piqued her curiosity. She was burning with questions and the need to find out for herself, but she just hadn't brought herself to say it yet. Her face felt hot just at the thought, she could feel the color rising to stain her cheeks pink. She'd worry about that later.

Xander held the door open and she scooted in, unsure of where she should go and sit. Shaun's eyes locked on her for a moment, eyebrows raised. He looked as if he was going to say something, maybe tell her this was no place for her, but instead he simply nodded at the chair next to him and motioned her forwards. Peering up at Xander for reassurance, she made her way to the seat and perched on the edge, feeling extremely self concious.

Shaun's eyes moved to Xander instead of the blonde next to him. "We ready to start now?'