Sequel: Queens of the Night

Kings of War

Shaun

The display of violence didn't phase him in the least. After all, he was a creature of the night, violence was something he craved. Besides, the fucker deserved exactly what he got. This had to be a joke-- coming into the kingdom he ruled with Xander and insisting that they 'bow down'? Unlikely, especially since between the two of them they had developed quite a reputation for ruling with an iron fist. It was a reputation that Shaun enjoyed. Death was a kind escape to these two men, especially when there were so many worse things that he could do. He left this one up to Xander, sitting in his chair with his head propped up on his fist. It was quickly losing his interest. Empty threats, all of it. Anybody who thought that he could win against them was foolish, and that would be proved when their blood pooled all over the floor.

He didn't so much as flinch as Xander ended the interrogation by ripping out the man's throat with his bare hands, cartilidge and blood spraying everywhere. It didn't bother him in the least, aside from the fact that it was messy. But he wasn't the one who was going to have to clean it up, so why did he give a damn if they made a mess or not? Being a king had it's perks, and never having to wash things was one of them.

As the stench of carnage and fear filled the room, Shaun send a sidelong glance at Elizabeth, Xander's little Queen. He wasn't sure when Liz had made the jump from fledgling to queen, but what Xander did with his underlings was his own business, and Shaun would respect that. The petite young blond had paled to the point of being nearly green, clutching her hands until her knuckles turned white. He snorted, shaking his head as he turned his attention back to Xander. Silly little fledgling, she still had so much to learn. How could a vampire, even a fresh one, be so sickened by the sight of blood? Perhaps it was the violence more than the blood that churned her stomach. Either way, he didn't really care, she wasn't his problem.

He watched the remaining man scurry hurriedly from the room, shaking his head. He thought that Xander should have simply ended the both of them right away, before they even got halfway through that ludicrous story they were spouting. It was bullshit, and they both deserved to die for it, no mercy and no second thoughts. He stayed quiet though, until Xander was through dealing with them. "Too soft." he repeated, in spite of the fact that they both knew that the remaining man would face a painful death soon enough. "Should have killed the fucker on the spot. Or tossed him into the dungeons for a while." Shrugging his shoulders, he rubbed at the slight stubble on his chin. It had been a long day, and aside from that last interruption, mildly uninteresting. He was looking forward to bed and whichever woman would be warming it tonight.

Senga took her place in front of them and he stretched, offhandedly fingering the brass knuckles that hung around his neck. Honestly, his eyes were on her breasts. They were plentiful, and the way that they jiggled as she talked held his gaze for quite a while. The news of a woman passed over his head, barely penetrating his subconcious, but at the mention of a boy named Jason, his head snapped back up, looking over her face for any sign that she was lying to him, or maybe just making things up.

"A boy?" He narrowed his eyes, deep in thought. "And a woman. Six months.." His voice trailed for a moment before coming firm and abrupt. "Have them brought here. As soon as you can. I don't fucking care if she kicks and screams or whatever, just have them brought here." He frowned, running a hand over his hair. No point in jumping to connections. They might not be connected at all-- he would have to wait and see. Having the same name as his son didn't necessarily mean anything, and he didn't want to get all worked up over nothing. Not when he had better things to worry about, kingly things, vampire things. Feeding and whatever else was on his mind.

Capturing his lip between his teeth, he looked in the direction of Xander. "No. Not a waste of fucking time." He agreed. He didn't like the smug tone in his friend's voice, but he kept that to himself, pushing up out of the chair. Xander was looking at him like he saw right through the hardness, and it was annoying. He had things to figure out, especially if Senga did as she was told and brought the woman and the boy. And besides, he needed to feed. "I'm hungry." He nodded, apparently disregaurding the heaviness of Senga's news. "Feel like hunting?" That was what he needed to get his mind off of things. A good, vicious hunt and a good feed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ohai thurr. Second chapter of Kings of War (: I guess still going along with introducing characters and conflict! Cho and I will be writing this by alternating chapters using our ORIGINAL characters. Steal and I'll beat you with a mace, and so will Cho <3 as she mentioned, we will be using the chapter titles to tell you who's narrating (: Read, comment and enjoy!