Sequel: Queens of the Night

Kings of War

Eli

She was only too glad to obey Shaun's order. She was hurting and Jason refused to come out from his little niche. She couldn't blame him. The things he had heard and likely seen where things that she had always tried to protect him from. It wasn't fair that her baby boy had to see or endure that. If she had the strength, she would kill the bastard for that alone. She didn't though. She was only human. He was one of Shaun's knights. There would never be any competition. She held her side as she limped painfully out of the bed chamber to find Elizabeth. It was who she had thought it was too. The girl was a mousy little blond, the one that Xander had chosen which in some ways didn't really surprise Eli. She looked like she would fit perfectly at his side. She was happy for them.

Eli followed the little girl quietly. She was walking a thin line now. She wasn't sure how she would survive the castle now. She knew that she had to though. If only for Jason. Her baby boy made it all worth it. On one level, Eli wanted to ask Elizabeth questions. How had the girl gotten here in the first place, but it didn't seem worth it. Not with the condition she was in. She just wanted to be somewhere with hot water that she could soak in to relieve the pain. The idea caused a soft sound somewhere between a moan and a sigh to pass her lips. Elizabeth turned to her a little confused. "Are you okay?" the girl asked softly.

"I'm-" Eli stopped when she saw the girl's eyes widen and she herself shrink back a little. Eli started to spin around only to have a hand grab her arm with such force that she was afraid it would be crushed.

Her nightmare bowed offering a fake smile to Elizabeth. "If you will excuse us my lady, King Shaun has asked me to bring Miss Elisha to him." Eli's eyes flew wide with panic. He was lying and she knew it. She didn't want to draw Elizabeth into this though. The girl deserved something of normality in a place like this.

She didn't have to say a word though. Elizabeth intruded all on her own. "Sir Stephen....Shaun just told me to-"

Stephen lashed out and grabbed Elizabeth's arm so hard it made her cry out in pain. "Shut up bitch," he hissed. "It appears I'll just have to bring you both along. Needless, pointless," he growled dragging them along behind him. "Not a word from either of you ladies. You know what'll happen then Elisha." Eli shuddered. Her baby. She turned her eyes to Elizabeth and gave her a look that was half-pleading and half-remorseful. This wasn't the girl's ordeal, but it appeared neither of them had a choice now.

Stephen threw them into the room and locked the door behind him. Eli moved quickly pushing the small blonde vampiress behind her and standing tall and proud before her nightmare, trying desperately to ignore the pain. "You're not going to touch her or Jason Stephen. And you're not going to touch me. You're going to let us leave and we're not going to mention this to Shaun or Xander."

He threw his head back and laughed. "You think that threat means anything to me Elisha? You'll never do it. You know what I could do to your son." He backhanded her and she fell against Elizabeth. It was a struggle to get upright again, but she managed it, and used the comfort from Elizabeth's hand on her shoulder to face Stephen. "You really haven't learned," Stephen sneered.

The door came crashing down and Shaun stood in the door, eyes full of fury directed on Stephen. Somehow...he knew.
♠ ♠ ♠
And now the girls are caught up to where Shaun is!