Sequel: Queens of the Night

Kings of War

Xander

That state of the Outlands was not pleasing to the Scottish Vampire King. In fact, he was rather infuriated by it. And when Xander Donovan was infuriated, the masses parted and gave to him his every desire. Even the two spies that were hiding amongst them. The two men had felt betrayed. It took every ounce of self-control Xander had not to slaughter them on the spot. Instead, he had ordered the shackled hand and foot. They would be questioned and then he and Shaun would kill them. It would be a mercy at that point the things that Xander had planned for the two. How dare anyone enter their land presuming to spy on them! The idiots would have what they deserved.

It was with "triumph" that he marched back from the Outlands with the information that he and Shaun needed to make their final preparations. The men crowding at their borders thought they knew exactly how to beat the two Vampire Kings. They would soon find out why their city and the two kings themselves had the reputation that they did. Only a fool would forget that. Lucky for Xander, there were fools a plenty in the world for him to drink from.

The moment he entered the castle, he knew that something was wrong. "Take 'em tae the dungeons. They'll be dealt wi' later. If I hear of anyone havin' fun with 'em, their head will be mine," he growled the order. The two spies were for the privilege of the two kings alone. The knights had to remember that. He strode into his domain watching as servants and knights alike averted their eyes. "Ye!" he snapped pointing at one of the servants. "What is going on here? What happened in me absence?"

The servant cowered and fidgeted, a pathetic sight of a young man. "We've been ordered not to say sire. Queen Elizabeth..."

"Aye what about me Lizzielass?"

"Xander!" Elizabeth's voice had him turning his fierce gaze from the cowering servant to his young queen.

"Elizabeth! Explain."
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's short >.< I'm sorry!