Sequel: Queens of the Night

Kings of War

Eli

Eli was fidgeting waiting for Shaun to come back. Jason was curled up on the bed next to her sleeping. He was adorable in his sleep. She was just glad he hadn't been hurt though she hated that he had seen her hurt. It wasn't fair to him after all. He was just a baby. He was supposed to be protected. Shaun had managed that far better than she ever could. How was she supposed to make up for that. She wasn't going to admit it, she was too proud after all. But there still had to be something that she could do. Anything that might start healing the rift between them. If only for Jason if not for themselves.

The door slammed open and Eli jumped before pressing a palm to her forehead. She wanted to chew Shaun out for what he had just done, but she bit her lip instead. It wasn't worth it. "C'mon," he ordered tersely. She wasn't going to argue. They needed to talk after all and it was better to get it done now while Jason was sleeping. Eli stood up and took a deep breath. She was terrified, but she couldn't say that. She wasn't weak and they both knew it. Eli held her head high and bit the inside of her lip to keep from showing any pain as she walked trying her best not to limp.

Shaun led her through the castle to a small private room. There would be no escaping his questions here. They would resolve things or she doubted that either of them would ever leave. "Why the fuck did you leave Eli?" Shaun demanded. "What the hell were thinking? Were you even thinking? And I'm not taking any fucking excuses this time Eli! You left without a word! You took my son! you don't do that kind of shit and think you don't have to give a reason why!"

Eli was chewing on her lip. She was waiting for Shaun to take a breath. When he did, she did what he knew that she would least expect. She grabbed his face in both hands and kissed him. It had been the first time in a long time that she had kissed him and she had forgotten how good it felt. Kissing Shaun tended to make her forget everything else. Even why she was kissing him.

The door slammed open. "Bloody Hell Damon! Keep yer hormones in check! We've talkin' tae do in the dungeons!"
♠ ♠ ♠
Bwhaha! Yes, I'm leaving it there. Call me cruel, manipulative, or just plain weird, but it's what I do best.

Comment and Subscribe please!