Sequel: Queens of the Night

Kings of War

Shaun

Shaun was still angry, even after he'd tried to cool himself off. After repeated attempts to breathe and let it go, he was still fucking furious. He needed to talk to Eli, and he wasn't sure if he would be nice about it. There were things he needed to know, and he was going to get those answers, even if he had to be mean. He needed to know them. He was only too eager to get her from his room where he had left her. Jason should be asleep by now.

He ordered her to come and she came, surprisingly without any argument. He was positive that she knew he was going to chew her out, after all, she had been with him for a long time. Perhaps she was one of the very few that really knew all the dark corners of his personality, the things that most people couldn't pinpoint. She knew that he could be a dick. She also knew that he could be pretty fucking nice-- it all depended on his mood, and whether or not she was pushing him. He was usually fairly relaxed with Eli; this had pushed him over the edge. The fact that she hadn't told him had made him madder at her than he'd ever been before. He didn't remember this kind of fury towards Eli ever.

His wording probably could have been better, but at this point it was just spewing out-- he had all that anger and it had to go somewhere ".What the hell were thinking? Were you even thinking? And I'm not taking any fucking excuses this time Eli! You left without a word! You took my son! you don't do that kind of shit and think you don't have to give a reason why!" He'd been waiting to say them for a long time, and he just kept getting louder and louder in his rant until he was yelling at the top of his lungs.

He was maybe a quarter of an inch away from her now, his chest nearly pressed to hers as he crowded her into a corner. Once again, he was letting his temper get the better of him. "You owe me a fucking explanation. A lot of fucking explanations, and I want them now. I'm not bullshitting you Eli, I want it now." He yelled until he ran out of breath, eyes fixed on her in a serious scowl.

He didn't get a chance to resume thoroughly chewing her out, for before he could get out another word or even ask her what the fuck she was doing, her hands were on either side of his face and she'd pulled him down, her lips connecting with his. She was right; it was the one thing he hadn't anticipated. Tears, maybe some yelling and annoyance sure....but a kiss was something he'd thought was off the table. It surprised him so much that for a moment, he just stood there. Then he pinned her against the wall, hands roaming eagerly over the body he hadn't touched for years. She had sucessfully caused his anger to evaporate, although he still wasn't done with the argument.

Unfortunately, before he could start to get hot and heavy the door slammed open, snapping him back to reality. Totally unabashed, he let his hands slide down off of Eli's curves and turned to look at Xander, now filling the doorway. "Keep your shit together, I'm coming.' His brow furrowed and he had to conclude Elizabeth had told Xander what happened. His eyes turned back to Eli, softer than before. "I'll be back. You head up to my room." Leaving her with that, he turned to follow Xander.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter 30! And full of dramz!