Sequel: Queens of the Night

Kings of War

Eli

On one level, Eli was glad she had kissed Shaun. It had made her ridiculously happy. On the other hand though, maybe she had gone too far. Though from the way that Shaun had reacted, he had wanted to go a lot farther than where they had ended. She paced around Shaun's bedroom to the soft gentle breathing of her son. She was afraid to think of why Xander had wanted to have their meeting in the dungeon. She could remember from before the things that they would do to their prisoners. No one betrayed Shaun Damon or Xander Donovan and expect to live long if at all. And during that time you were alive, you wished you weren't. She remembered some of the screams well.

Eli sighed and sat on Shaun's bed running a hand through her red hair. So much for the thought of not getting involved with Shaun. It wasn't possible it seemed. She curled up on the bed, staring at the door. She was so screwed. It had nothing to do with Shaun's anger either. It was her own traitorous emotions. They weren't going to let her give up Shaun again. Especially not since Stephen was dead now. "Damn you Shaun," she muttered into a pillow. She hated feeling stupid and girlie like she did at this moment. It was all Shaun's fault too. That was what she kept telling herself. The only problem was that the more she thought it, the less that she believed it.

Eli's eye started drifting shut. She wondered how long that Shaun and Xander would need to have their discussion. Knowing Shaun, he'd keep it as short as possible. Shaun and patience usually weren't term that a person found together in a sentence with any agreement. There was usually a not or a needs in there somewhere between the two. She wasn't sure why she kept forgiving him for that. She must have it for him bad. Eli groaned and buried her head deeper into the pillow.

Her breathing began to slow and the tension in her body unwound. Finally, she fell asleep, sprawled on Shaun's bed and sleeping peacefully for the first time in years.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short I know! But kinda cute! Comment! Subscribe if you haven't! And yes, this story is not over yet, we still have some things left for you my pretties.