Sequel: Queens of the Night

Kings of War

Shaun

The torture session hadn't lasted as long as he had expected it to. That was him-- impatient as hell, and ready to get it over with. Ignoring the prisoners was the best option to him. He didn't give a shit, they could starve for all he cared, and if Xander wanted to expend more effort to make them suffer then that was his own business. Shaun had things to attend to that he deemed more important than watching the suffering of prisonders; namely, finishing his conversation with Eli. Was it even a conversation anymore? He wanted his hands on her body, his tongue in her mouth-- the questions were still there, and they would be answered. Soon enough.

By the time he got back to the room, he was somewhat tired. He hoped Eli would still be awake, but when he pushed open the door he found her sprawled across his bed, fast asleep. he rubbed the back of his neck, debating waking her; but she looked so beautiful when she slept and he couldn't bring himself to wake her up. Instead he scooped Jason into his arms, tucking the small boy into the bed he had slept in when he was younger. He still fit, quite comfortably too. Pulling the blankets up, Shaun laid his lips against the boy's forehead. Jason was one of the few who had Shaun's open affection, anytime he wanted it. Shaun had loved Jason wholely from the very first time he held the baby in his arms. It was the purest form of love, one that would never fade.

Leaving the boy to his dreams, Shaun stood in the doorway and watched Eli sleep. She was the one woman whose company he had always enjoyed, even when she was being a firecracker and giving him lip. It kept him there. If she had been like the others, ditzy and dumb and with no opinion or thoughts of their own, he wouldn't have kept her around. he lived for the challenge, for people that made him work and kept him entertained. That was why Eli had been more than a quick fuck. He hadn't been able to move on from her. It was the first and only time a woman had ever captured him like that. He didn't remember ever telling her that he loved her. Words had never been his thing-- but he tried to show her. He had been with her and only her, and she had stayed with him all the time. Then of course, there was Jason. He was more proof of their love than any ring ever could be.

He removed his clothing, all except his boxers and left it in a pile in the corner. Neat was another thing that Shaun Damon had never been, and considering his position as King, it was unlikely he would ever be. Sliding his arms underneath her sleeping form, he scooped Eli up into his arms just long enough to slide her under the covers. It got cold in here at night, and he didn't want her to wake up in the middle of the night freezing her ass off.

Shaun was a formidable man, one who was generally regaurded as an asshole, or a violent bastard. He didn't really give a fuck. He was what he was, and his temper was infamous. That didn't mean he didn't have the capacity to be nice-- just that he rarely was. He didn't like idiots or people who tried to fuck with him, but those lucky enough to be on his good side got all the perks.

Sliding under the covers, he extinguished the lamp and left them in total darkness. He could feel the warmth of her body next to his. She was always so warm, and when he put his hand on her chest he could feel the beat of her heart. She fit with him just as if she had never left, curled up and tucked close to his chest as she had always slept. She could answer his questions in the morning. And maybe this time he'd get through them without yelling.
♠ ♠ ♠
I think its sorta cute ;D we get to see shaun's nicer side. he's not a mean fucker all the time!