Sequel: Queens of the Night

Kings of War

Elizabeth

Elizabeth was certainly more shaken than hurt. When she had changed into her pajamas she had gone over every inch of her skin, looking for anything like bruises or marks, but the one on her arm had been the only one. She didn't understand-- All of the knights had always treated her well, mainly due to the fact that she belonged to Xander. She knew that that was really what made them respect her, but she didn't mind. Most of them seemed to be genuinely nice men.

She didn't know where Xander had gone, but she waited for him patiently, curled into a little ball on his bed. She knew that Senga and Ajax were likely around, hanging outside the door or hovering around her like they always seemed to do when Xander wasn't there. She didn't mind; she liked their company. Senga was somebody who she was very close to, and sometimes Elizabeth thought of her a little like her mother. If she ever needed to talk about something girly, it was Senga that she went to first. The woman always made her feel cozy and safe and loved.

The door had barely open when she had thrown herself into his arms, locking them around his torso. She had been waiting rather impatiently, still a little bit shaken. She wanted his warmth and his comfort, and for him to hold her and make her feel like everything would be okay again, he would keep her totally safe forever.

He held her back from him, having her sit on the bed so that he could survey her. She was still a little teary, swiping the back of her hand at her eyes to try and brush them away before they fell. She saw the flash of anger in his eyes when he saw the extensive bruise on her arm. She knew he would never let anybody hurt her, but it had scared her when Stephen had seemed to change so fast. To know that somebody who had once been nothing but nice would hurt her so mercilessly as well as abuse Eli was just terrifying to her.

His voice interrupted her thougts. "Let me bathe ye, Lizzielass."

She felt a flush crawl across her cheeks as the heat rose. It wasn't as if she didn't want him to-- the idea was delightful, sparking her curiosity as much as her anxiety. She let him guide her to the bathroom where the tub was already full and steaming. He interrupted her movement with words that made her blush all over again, removing her clothes with gentle hands. He held her arms, keeping her from covering her exposed bits as he slid the clothing from her body, leaving her totally naked.

She felt very self-concious of any flaw, any bit of her body that might not be exactly right. She tried not to think about it though, and fought off the urge to hide herself by crossing her arms over her breasts or turning away from him. Instead she watched with interest while he slipped his own clothing away. She didn't think she had ever seen him entirely naked. She'd never seen a man entirely naked before, actually. She kind of felt like she must be staring, but she didn't look away, either. She was far too curious, and he didn't really seem to mind anyways.

Elizabeth watched for a moment before he scooped her up into his arms, settling them both into the tub. Her nerves were still present, but they seemed to be evaporating as quickly as they had appeared. She felt at ease with him, especially because he seemed to be so calm. Despite a slight twinge, she was beginning to feel comfortable in her own body.

He murmured for her to trust him as he sank his fangs into her neck, right where her scars were from her transition to vampire. Of course she trusted him. She trusted him completely, unequivically. There was nobody else that she would let see her so vulnerable. Not only was she naked, but she willingly let him feed from her anytime he pleased. If there were three things she had for him, it was trust, love and respect. She didn't so much as cringe as he bit her; instead she arched her body to make it easier for him, exposing her throat. The more he fed, the less nervous she was.
♠ ♠ ♠
Awwww, I think its the cutest fluff everrr.