Sequel: Queens of the Night

Kings of War

Eli

She woke up and felt like she had gone back in time. Shaun was lying next to her with his arms around her waist, anchoring her to his side. On one level, it was terrifying. On another level, it was comforting, endearing, and exhilarating. Though usually when they had slept like this, she had a lot less clothes on. That was proof of how much times had changed. Eli wiggled out from under Shaun's arm and crawled past him only to feel a hand latch around her ankle. "Where the fuck you going?" he muttered sleepily not even opening his eyes.

Eli reached out and touched his hand. "Bathroom. Don't you lock your door at night anyway. You never did tell me where you hid the damn key so it's not like I can get out." She assured him gently. Well, in her own way it was gentle. To be gentle with Shaun Damon was probably considered being rough with others, but that was the way it had always been. He finally conceded and let his hand slip from her ankle. She didn't even dare assume that he had fallen back asleep. She knew him too well. He was probably watching her through narrow slits. So, she made sure that with every step she took, her hips swung from side to side. She looked back at him and gave him a teasing wink before she slipped into the bathroom.

She took a deep breath and found that her heart was racing. Stupid. Then again, maybe it wasn't. After all, baiting Shaun could be dangerous. She had to be careful how she did it or she might get into trouble. Though there had been a time that was the kind of trouble she wanted. Did she still want that? She let her head fall against the bathroom wall behind her and sighed. The thought of an old song had her chuckled softly. "Everyone knows I'm in over my head, over my head,," she murmured with a soft little smile. "Eight seconds into over time he's my mind, he's on my...mind..." she changed a word at the end, different, but it fit.

She took her time in the bathroom before she went back to the door and opened it to see Shaun's chest right in front of her eyes. "Good morning."
♠ ♠ ♠
Super short, I know, but...I hope you still enjoyed it! Comments are love!