Sequel: Queens of the Night

Kings of War

Shaun

'Patience' was not a word that people applied to Shaun Damon. He didn't take the time to calm himself down and think things through, he just did what his impulses told him. Usually, his impulses responded with anger. When Shaun's patience was pressed, people tended to get hurt. Now, he was pacing the floor of his room, wishing that there was somebody around to kill. Sadly, nobody was around that wouldn't be missed. He had half a mind to go down into the dungeon and beat on somebody down there, but then somebody began to pound loudly on his door, interrupting his stream of thoughts. Grunting, he paused in his pacing and flicked the half-smoked joint into the ashtray on the table beside his bed. "Come in. What the fuck do you want?" He growled, turning his back to the doorway to look out the small window instead.

The woman who peered around the door hesitated, he could hear it in her voice. She shuffled her feet, refusing to look at him when he turned around. She dropped down to her knees, folding her hands neatly as her eyes fixed on his shoes. "Sir, the knights...they've done as you said. They brought the woman and the boy, they've just come in now and sent me to inform you." Her voice wavered, perhaps a little bit afraid of the reaction she would get from him. He was well known for flying off the handle, and she didn't want him to yell at her. He was big, and it was horribly intimidating when he got in a mood. She saw the look on his face begin to darken and scrambled to her feet, scurrying out of his room and down the hallway. She didn't want to be around when things got dicey.

He banged through the door, taking no notice of the door slamming against the wall, or the way his boots made loud thumping sounds on the floor. He didn't really know quite what he was going to do when he got there, but he was going to do something. He was happy on some level to see the son and woman that he had missed so much, but then he was furious that she had left, taking his son and not even leaving a note. She had disappeared with his child and no mention of where she was going or if he would ever see her again. He hadn't known if she was alive or dead, and it had worried him. And then he had just been pissed. How fucking could she? How could she take off with his kid, the only two things that had ever fucking mattered to him? Although he didn't want to say it out loud, it had hurt him.

Rounding the corner into the front, he found his knights congregated there, although the woman and child were nowhere to be seen. "Where'd you put them?" He commanded, hands on his hips as his fury emanated. He was fucking pissed, and he and Eli were going to have a little chat. But first things first, he wanted to see Jason. He hadn't seen his son in a long time-- he wondered if he had changed. What had he missed while they were gone? The little boy had always held a place in Shaun's heart that nobody else would see. A place where he had eternal love, something that Shaun never gave to anyone.

He cornered the nearest night, commanding him to give a step-by-step recount of what had happened. The knight began, following orders to a T. Shaun listened, nodding along. It was all very good, just the way he had ordered it. Go in and bring them here, restraint if necessary, no violence whatsoever. Crossing his arms, the king nodded. "That's it? Nobody got hurt, they're both okay?" He asked.

The knight considered lying for a moment. He didn't want to be in trouble with the king-- but he knew if he got caught in a lie, the punishment would be severe. "Well..." He seemed to cringe away, unable to meet Shaun's eyes as he stared. "O'Reilly cuffed the kid on the head. He's fine though-- not hurt or anything..." His voice trailed off as Shaun seemed to gain a few inches to his already six foot three stature. Somebody was going to be in a world of pain.

Shaun turned his back, waving him dismissed. Finding O'Reilly wouldn't be hard. He knew where the fucker was. Shaun was positively seething. His breath was heavy with the excitement of a fight and he'd tugged the brass knuckles from around his neck, instead placing them in his knuckles and giving his palm an experimental punch. Not only had the knight disobeyed orders, but he had laid a hand on Shaun's child, and that meant that there would be hell to pay. Without a doubt, O'Reilly would be paying with his life.
♠ ♠ ♠
moar violence to come <3