Sequel: Queens of the Night

Kings of War

Senga

She surveyed the reports in front of her, organizing them in the order that she needed them. Everything that she was seeing didn't bode well for anyone. Senga sighed and ran a hand through her long dark hair. She loved her position as the head of King Xander's security, but that didn't make her work any easier. Actually, it could make it harder at times. She cared very deeply for her king and his little queen. She cared for the knights that she worked with. Though that didn't mean that she wouldn't show the knights their place when she needed to. She had done it before and she would do it again if she needed to.

Senga massaged her temples as she leaned back in her chair and looked up at the large map on her wall. What was she missing? What was there that she couldn't see? There had to be some thing that unified the men coming against her kings. Something that would help her know what they wanted to do next. She stood up and began pacing. They had tired many things. Mostly spies. Those were to be expected. They did not worry because she knew her kings and she knew herself. They could not be beaten easily by simple spies. There had to be something that she was missing though. Some move that they hadn't made. Some final act before they directly invaded. Se hated waiting. Waiting could mean lives that they could ill-afford to lose.

The realization hit her hard and fast making her feel almost a little sick at the thought. She whipped around and threw her door open not bothering to close the office behind her as she stormed out of the room and down the halls. She had to speak with her kings immediately. If she was right, all their lives could be in danger. The men and women she passed moved to the side, letting her through. She might be more friendly and easy-going than either of the kings, but Senga was still a formidable woman and not one to be lightly crossed.

"Can you even pick up that blade Ajax?"

She heard the question in passing and would have ignored it if not for the name. She stopped in her tracks before turning slowly and moving towards where the five men were converged. All were knights, all and well-built except for Ajax who always tended to look scrawny. "Does it matter?" he asked with a shrug.

She never understood why he took the taunts and torments of the other knights. He was better than that. Better than them. Yet he put up with them when he should have to. She was sick and tired of it. Her kings could wait a moment longer. First she would claim her lover, then they could speak to the kings together. She walked into the room without anyone noticing her as they continued taunting Ajax who rolled his eyes obviously bored. Senga waited a moment longer before pushing through the four other men and making her way to Ajax. His brow furrowed with annoyance for a moment before she kissed him full on the lips. "I do believe we have an appointment lover," she purred taking his hand and dragging him away.

Ajax waited until they were well enough away before speaking. "Why did you do that Senga?"

"Because you are mine," she said simply. "Now come, I want you with me when I tell the kings my theory."
♠ ♠ ♠
So thought I'd throw in a new random perspective. Senga probably won't tell anymore chapters, but no promises.

Comments? Subscriptions? Both?!