Sequel: Queens of the Night

Kings of War

Xander

The banging on the door that woke him could only have come from one hand. He growled in the back of his throat as he heard Shaun yell at him through the door. He hadn't decided if he was going to kill his friend slowly, or just disembowel him on the spot. Xander disentangled himself from Elizabeth. "Stay here," he growled the order, clasping his hands behind his back and striding to the door. He yanked open the door, wearing only a pair of pants he had slept in to reveal Shaun looking more pissed than usual and holding Jason in his arms. "You have a lot of explaining to do Damon," Xander growled. It was always evident when he was annoyed with his friend. He called him by his surname. It had been an action that they had came up with years and years before so that Shaun could distinguish when Xander was made and when he wasn't.

"I'll be back Elizabeth," He told her curtly shutting the door behind him. He had a feeling that this was not a conversation he wanted her to hear. Not yet at least. He would have to sort through the details himself first. Then he could figure out the rest. For now though, Shaun Damon had a story to tell him and Xander was going to take him somewhere private so that they could discuss it. He chose the conference room. A fitting place for this auspicious meeting. As soon as they were both inside, Xander rounded on Shaun. "What the hell do you think ye're doing?" he demanded ignoring the fact that Jason was still perched in his father's arms.

"Someone tried to assassinate me tonight Xander. Someone tried to kill me and my son while we were hunting." Xander sighed and massaged his temples before pounding his fist into the table and breaking it. "Motherfucker got away too," Shaun growled grudgingly.

"Shaun, do ye realize what this means?" Xander hissed. "War is upon us. There is no ignoring it anymore. Make no mistake, they have struck at us once and they will do so again. Maybe this time directly at Jason, Elizabeth, or Elisha. I will be damned before I allow that to happen do ye understand me?" Xander's fury was evident.

They had not started this war, but they would declare it.

They would end it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ooo! Short, but I hope the content makes up for that. Comments are always loved! As are subscriptions for any new readers!

And to warn our lovely readers, taylor and I started a new story called Forbidden Sins. You should definitely check it out.