Sequel: Queens of the Night

Kings of War

Shaun

Shaun refused to set Jason down, even for a second. The boy was still snuffling into his shoulder, clinging to his father for safety as much as comfort. Out of habit, Shaun rubbed his back in hopes of calming him a little bit, and eventually he fell silent, face buried in Shaun's shirt. Shaun was practically shaking with anger. He had known that something was coming, something was brewing out of their borders, but this was crossing the line. he was fairly content to wait for the storm to come to them before, but that was no longer an option. He was ready to ship out.

He paced back and forth, thoughts racing as Xander spoke. Something had to happen about this. He wasn't the kind of man to sit by and let things happen, especially when it put Jason, Eli and Elizabeth in danger. Rounding to look at Xander, he scowled. "I'm not a fucking idiot, I know that. We can't hold off and wait for shit to happen anymore, I don't want to wait for them to come to us and put everybody in danger while we do it. We're going to have to ship out first thing in the morning and get this handled before we have full-on war right here."

He adjusted Jason's position and paced some more, back and forth and back and forth. He wasn't quite sure where to go, what to do. All he knew was that they were going to be doing something, as soon as he could gather everybody up together. Preferably first thing in the morning. This place needed to be an impenetrable fortress by tomorrow.

Wrapping his arms around Jason a little tighter he looked over at Xander. "We need a plan tomorrow. I want to meet up first thing in the morning, map things out a little bit and figure out what the fuck is going on here." Frowning, he paused in his pacing.

"I'm gonna put him to bed. First thing in the morning, here, everyone. Okay?" Xander nodded. Shaun knew he was just eager to get back to bed and Elizabeth, and honestly, he just wanted to go to bed, too. He doubted that he would fall asleep, but he wanted to lay down for a while, have some time to think things over.

He followed Xander until he reached his bedroom, nodding at his friend as he continued to his own bed chambers. When he walked in, Eli was asleep on the bed. It looked like she had been trying to wait up for them, but she was fast asleep now. He gently laid Jason on the edge of the bed, helping the boy into his pajamas. "You want to sleep with me and your mama tonight?" He asked, peering back just in time to see the boy scrambling into the bed alongside his mother.

Shaun climbed in the other side of the bed, rubbinghis hands over his face. Tomorrow, there would be war.
♠ ♠ ♠
;D dramz oh my
comment/subscribe!