Sequel: Queens of the Night

Kings of War

Eli

Eli woke up a little groggy. She had tried to stay awake waiting for Jason and Shaun to come back from hunting. She obviously hadn't succeeded. A small body lay alongside her own with a hand lay on her waist, locking her in place. She blinked a few times and looked down to see Jason firmly cradled between herself and Shaun. Her brow furrowed in confusion. What was Jason doing here? She looked up only to meet Shaun's eyes. "Have you slept? Shaun....what's wrong?" Her brow furrowed in confusion. Something was very wrong, she could feel it in her gut.

"Someone tried to assassinate me last night Eli," Shaun told her sliding his hand up her side and threading his fingers through her hair. Her heart skipped a beat and her eyes went wide. "They took a shot at me while Jason and I were hunting." Her hand reached out to touch him, needing to know that he was alive while her eyes went down to see that Jason was indeed breathing. His little sides moved slowly up and down giving her some form of relief. "We're fine Eli. The fucker got away, but we're gonna get him. Xander and I...we're gonna leave."

"No," Eli said cutting him off.

Shaun shook his head. "Not now Eli. We can't fight about this shit now. I have to go."

"Not without me," she said pushing herself up on her elbow and raising her chin stubbornly. "I'm going to war too if you're going."

Shaun sighed and rolled onto his back. "Eli...think about what you're saying before you say it," he groaned. "This is war, not some game! You can't just play at wanting to fight. People are going to die! I'll be damned if I'm going to see you fucking freeze up in the middle of the battle."

Eli crawled over Jason and sat on Shaun's chest glaring down at him. "I'm going Shaun Mitchell Damon. They threatened Jason and he's my son too! I won't stand for it. I'm not going to freeze up in battle either. I'm going to kill every last one of those motherfuckers that I get my hands on."

Shaun looked taken aback for a moment before a little cocky smirk titled his lips. "Alright babe...whatever you say."
♠ ♠ ♠
Note: Never make Momma Eli mad!

Yes, the war is about to begin soon which means our story may soon come to a close, but don't worry! taylor and I have been talking and there will be a sequel whenever we finish this baby.

Comments? Subscriptions? BOTH?!