Sequel: Queens of the Night

Kings of War

Xander

Somewhere along the way, he had been separated from Shaun. Not that it mattered. Xander was going to keep fighting until the end. Though to him, the end referred to the death that would befall the leaders of the armies along with their men. Shaun had been attacked. And as much as he could hate the man sometimes, Shaun was still his friend. And an attack on one of them was an attack on both. It was an insult they could not allow to remain untouched. Add that the bastards had dared to bring an army to their border...well they were lucky death was the only thing they were to receive.

They would receive no mercy.

They would receive no quarter.

Xander didn't believe in such things. Especially not with this kind of enemy. When one was invading, that was a different matter. Defense...such "mercy" would be a sign of weakness. Besides, Xander enjoyed hearing them die. The smirk that tilted his lips and the wicked glint that lit his eyes seemed to mark him as a demon instead of a vampire. Enemies fell to his sword as quickly as they ran from it if not more so. He had never cared for the use of pistols or rifles. He had grown up in the age of blades. That was what he used and it worked. After all, he had probably wounded and killed more than anyone with a gun that day could have dreamed of.

"They're on the retreat! They're on the run! They're-"

The words slowly filtered through Xander's battle-hazed brain as it became clear that it was more and more of his men surrounding him as the enemy fled. He tilted his head back and let out a deafening roar of victory. He turned back to see Ajax scrambling towards him with his own group of fresh troops. "Get them. No quarter. No survivors. The world must remember who the two kings are," Xander ordered sharply. Ajax curtly nodded his head before he began running past Xander, barking orders as he ran.

He looked at one of his knights and the man knew without needing to hear the question. The knight bowed and began leading the way. Someone knew where Shaun was...that made one. Xander was surrounded by the scent of death as he leisurely strolled over dead corpses and dying bodies not giving a thought to distinguish between the two. He was a sadistic bastard sometimes and proud of that fact.

The sight that caught his attention though, it brought him up short. Shaun sat on the ground, Eli's body in his arms. Blood soaked her clothes and the ground. A gunshot wound revealing raw angry flesh that was still mending. "Shite," Xander muttered softly. The smirk and glint faded and he walked slowly forward. Eight knights surrounding Shaun and Eli came to attention. Xander ignored them. Instead, he put a hand on his friend's shoulder. "Let's go home laddie," he whispered.
♠ ♠ ♠
Xander = complicated + scary + sexy + sadist + vampire + ???

Comments? Subscriptions? BOTH?!?!