Sequel: Queens of the Night

Kings of War

Xander

It had been a long march home, but it had been a joyous one. The men knew that they were the victors. They were proud of that. They were proud of their kings. Some had even begun to tell tales of some of the heroes. They told tales of Xander's merciless sword. They praised Shaun's vicious brutality. Some had begun to tell tales of Eli even, calling her a queen and a great warrior. They kept those tales to themselves though and never spoke of them when Shaun might hear. Shaun who hadn't let go Eli the whole time. Xander wasn't concerned though. He knew that she would wake up when it was time.

Seeing the castle brought relief. He knew from the scouts he had been sending back towards the field that Ajax and his men would be returning within the next few days. A fact he would be able to tell Senga. He had no doubt that she would be concerned about her lover. A man who had also been praised for not only his prowess in battle. The other part...well he could only assume that either he had finally claimed Senga or that she had claimed him. Either way it was, Ajax would likely never have to fear being goaded by the others again unless it was by a new child who didn't know him. Then that Xander would pay to see.

A small blonde head came bouncing towards him and arms wrapped around him, holding him tight. Xander sighed softly, wrapping his arms around the small body, he lifted her up and wrapped her legs around his waist. His hand ran up and down her back as he walked into the castle before Shaun. "Octavian! Prepare the upper chambers. Lady Eli needs them." The vampire snapped to attention before running to do as he was told. "Senga, Ajax will be here come a few days wi' the other troops. He and his detachment went tae finish the fools," Xander hissed. Senga nodded, relief and hope mingling in her eyes.

Xander turned as Shaun and the others began spilling into the castle. "Come friend I donna doubt that she'll be waking up soon enough," Xander said resting a hand on Shaun's shoulder and using his other to keep hold of Elizabeth. "Octavian is preparin' teh upper chambers. I think it'd be best if ye keep her there eh?"

He didn't stick around to see what Shaun had to say to that. Instead he turned his attention to his little queen. "Come me lass, I have a mind fer one of those baths again and then I need tae hold ye..."
♠ ♠ ♠
The victorious return from war! Well, most of them do! The story isn't quite over yet loves!

Comments?!?!?!