Sequel: Queens of the Night

Kings of War

Shaun

As soon as he got word that Eli was awake, he picked up a bottle of blood off the table and turned to Senga. "Keep an eye on my boy, Okay? I'll be right back." he nodded, ruffling Jason's hair. He didn't want to leave the boy on his own, not when he had been upset earlier. Standing, he leaned over to press a kiss to his son's head. "You stay here, bud." He nodded, and ducked through the exuberant crowd to the stairs.

He could hear her moving above him on the floor, hear the sounds she made as she shifted on the bed. Pushing open the door, he paused in the doorway to watch her. She still looked the same-- soaked in blood still, but like his Eli. He released a heavy sigh of relief and handed her the bottle filled with red liquid. "Drink it. I know you're thirsty." He nodded, locking the door behind him. Nobody needed to be in here, it wasn't safe for them.

Shaun paced back and forth in front of the bed while she drank deeply, draining the bottle in a matter of moments. He took the opportunity to lecture her. "Are you fucking stupid? I told you to stay. I guess I shoulda known that you wouldn't listen, but jesus christ Eli, you could have died. You did die. You fucking DIED Eli, you died in my arms!" The idea of it nearly send him into cardiac arrest. Watching her die had been the hardest thing he had ever done, even knowing that she wasn't really dead. It was terrifying.

He paused in his pacing to stand in front of her, arms crossed. "You have no fucking idea what that was like. Watching you die...if you ever do something that stupid and risky again, I'll kill you myself!"

It was an empty threat, but he couldn't keep it to himself. He paced a few more legnths until he had calmed a little, his breathing had calmed and he didnt feel like puncing things anymore. Rubbing his eyes, he sat on the bed beside her instead and stared at the ground. he was at a loss of what to say to her.

With a heavy sigh, he laid his hand on her leg and ran it up and down. "How do you feel? I know it hurt. I'm sorry-- I didn't want to have to change you without preparing you for the pain." He frowned a little and looked at her, her lips still pressed to the nearly empty bottle. Even though he was still angry, still felt guilty-- something about knowing that she would be his forever made him feel just a little bit better.
♠ ♠ ♠
Shaun has a anger.

comment?