Sequel: Queens of the Night

Kings of War

Eli

Blood wasn't nearly as gross as she thought it would have been. She rather enjoyed the thick liquid. She listened with half an ear to what Shaun was saying. She needed the blood first. She knew he was pissed. Shaun usually was when things didn't go his way. Especially when it pertained to her it seemed. It made her feel good inside actually. It meant that he cared for her. It was his way of expressing things like concern and worry. A thrill ran through her body as he began running his hand up and down her leg. It was the last thing either of them needed, but it felt good. She was determined to finish off every drop of blood before she answered him though.

"I'm fine," she promised licking off the last drop from her lips. "I just...this will take some getting used to." She reached out tentatively and ran a finger along Shaun's cheek. "I thought you were going to die. And I decided that I couldn't use you. You should know better than to think that I won't do everything I can to help," she told him with a soft chuckle using a finger to tap his nose. She started to play with the empty bottle in her hand. "Jason he didn't...Jase didn't have to...you know...see me when..." Shaun shook his head and Eli sighed with relief. That was the last thing her son needed.

Eli rested her head against Shaun's arm and closed her eyes. His arm slowly slipped around her and he pulled her close kissing the top of her head. They sat there in silence for a while. It was odd to have Shaun act like this. It worried her a little. It said just how much she had worried him. She looked up at him reached up, kissing his cheek. Shaun looked down at her bewildered before a grin started to stretch his face. "I want you," she whispered.

"I should be whipping your ass little spitfire," Shaun growled looming over her and pressing her back against the bed pole behind her.

Eli chuckled and kissed him. "Later, and I might even hold still," she teased. She wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him. "God I love you," she whispered.
♠ ♠ ♠
Dundundun! Strike that! AW! For those of you who have loved this WE LOVE YOU TOO! We hope that you stay tuned for the sequel, Queens of the Night which taylor and I shall be starting soon.