Sequel: Queens of the Night

Kings of War

Elizabeth

Elizabeth had been completely caputured by her sire's words, perched on the bed with her hands caught up in his, watching him as he spoke. She loved spending time with him, and it was very rare that she ventured from his side. There was nothing she liked more than to sit on his lap, or lay with him in bed, all tangled up in his arms while they slept. She liked to be close to him. It made her feel safe.

The door being banged unceremoniously open made her jump. Something was going on, and it made the young vampire curious. She hated when she wasn't informed about stuff. She didn't like to be treated like a child, even though she would be sixteen for all of eternity. That didn't mean she should be treated like a child forever. Running a hand through her blond hair, she watched Xander rise and walk out, seeminly unconcerned about the violence. Holding her legs to her chest, her eyes followed his back as he shut the door behind him. The petite blond heaved a big sigh as he disappeared, leaving her alone with Senga once again.

Sighing deeply, the girl looked up at Senga, blue eyes large. "Senga? What's going on?" She questioned curiously.

The older woman peered down at her, taking a seat on the bed. Laying a comforting hand on the girl's knee, she considered her words for a moment before she spoke. "Nothing important, sweetheart. Just King Shaun punishing one of the knights," She said, automatically moving to stroke Elizabeth's hair.

Liz fell silent again. She had opened her mouth to ask what the knight had done, and then decided that she really didn't want to know. For the most part, she stayed out of the way of the knights, aside from the few that she liked. They were always nice to her, although she suspected that that was purely because they were well aware that if they hurt her, Xander would have their heads on a peg. He was very protective over her, a fact that Liz found comforting. She liked to know that he'd keep her good and safe, and that he would handle anybody who hurt her. She also enjoyed the status that came with being a fledgling of the king. She got to be his Queen, something that felt like it was straight out of a fairytale. Well...except for the vampire part.

She let Senga stroke her hair, rather enjoying the maternal attention. She was well aware of the relationship going on between Ajax and Senga. Frequently, when Xander was busy doing things that he deemed unfit for Liz's eyes, he would entrust her safety to Senga, and sometimes Ajax. Of course she noticed that there was something going on between them, and she thought it was adorable. They seemed well suited for eachother.

Sighing a little, she laid her cheek on Senga's shoulder. She didn't want to be cooped up here. As much as she was sickened by the violence and the blood, she was so morbidly curious. She wanted to go with Xander to see what all the commotion was. Something was stirring, even the young vampire could feel it. She wasn't really sure what it was, but she had felt the tension ever since those messengers had been there in the morning. The mental image of the cartilidge and blood sprayed all over the walls and floors made her stomach lurch. The gore was something she wasn't sure she would ever get used to. The blood alone, when it flowed thick and flawless, always got her going into a near feeding frenzy. When it was coupled with guts, then it just made her insides twist.

She peered around the room she shared with Xander, compulsively straightening out the bedspread she was perched on. Maybe if she was really, really lucky, Xander would come back quickly. She hated sitting here waiting for him to come back, especially when she was under guard. With another little sigh, she strained to listen for the sounds of the commotion She would certainly be asking Xander a lot of questions later.
♠ ♠ ♠
readers, meet Liz. Liz, meet readers. Moar cute to come.