Sequel: Queens of the Night

Kings of War

Shaun

He didn't think that his orders had been exceedingly difficult. Bring the boy and the woman, without hurting either of them and without scaring them if it was possible. Although he knew the second was probably a distant dream, the knights should have all known by now that when he said something, he meant it. Those that had caused even a moment of pain to Eli or Jason would be paying dearly. The corpse laying on the floor proved that. Shaun stood for a moment, chest heaving as he watched the body, blood creeping out from it. Fucker should habe known better than to lay a hand on his kid. Something told him that he would be doling out more ass-whoopings, but Xander's words tugged at his heart, diverting his attention for the time being. The thought of seeing his child and Eli (Even though he knew she would be furious) made him forget all about the punishments he would be doling out. Turning away from the lifeless form, he rubbed at his knuckles and nodded to Xander. "Lets go."

He stalked down the hallway, his temper fading. He would worry about that later, once he got the rest of the story out of his knights. He was absolutely furious that they had disobeyed him, and he would make sure that every single one of them was very sorry. His knuckles were already covered in blood and little cuts, leaving red drips on his shirt as he attached his brass knuckles to the chain around his neck. He let the knight guide them to the room that Eli and Jason were being held in, and had to pause and take a deep breath before he opened it. He wasn't sure what he would find on the other side, but he knew he had to try. Truth be known, he had missed them both a great deal. More than anything.

Biting on his lip a little bit, he banged the door open. Quiet had never been his style. At the sight of Eli holding their son, his heart ceased to beat. For a moment, the quiet was almost deafening, but then she started to yell, and his heartbeat appeared to come back with a vengeance. He swore that he could hear it pounding it was so loud. He heard her words, but his eyes were on Jason. His son, his only child. The little boy had grown so much in the past couple of years since he had seen the two of them. He couldn't tear his gaze off, pushing up his aviators to get a better look.

Finally he turned his gaze on Eli. "You know what I want. Tell me one reason why I shouldn't fucking kill you for up and leaving me, huh?" he retorted, eyebrows pulling together with annoyance. How could she? Leave, taking his beloved son, when he had been nothing but good to her? He had never struck her, never even raised his voice to her. It hurt him more than he would let her know.

Ignoring her angry words, he walked to the end of the bed, gently massaging his bloody knuckles. They hurt, but the dull throb was at the back of his mind as he watched the small boy in her arms. He had never experienced love like he had when his son was born, and he didn't know what had hurt more than having the child ripped from him. It had been like tearing a part of his heart out, and the fact that Eli had gone too left him alone and confused. Feeling more heartbreak than he had ever felt.

She looked at him, but he barely even recognized that she was pissed off right now. Instead he kneeled at the edge of the bed, watching Jason. he sucked his lip ring for a moment before he spoke. "Hey kiddo. You remember me?" he wasn't entirely sure if he wanted to hear the answer. His kid forgetting him would hurt more than it had to lose them in the first place.
♠ ♠ ♠
D'aww, shaunny can be a sweetie pie.