Status: updating slowly but surely :) of course, depends on the comments i receive!

Behind Closed Doors

Chapter 1

I gasped as I slipped while walking -or maybe, tried walking to the nearest mini market. Stupid, slimy pathway. Oh how much i loathe the cold damp air and the water-y surroundings. Don't get me wrong, i love my dad. I love him so much that i agreed to move to La Push with him.

And I love him so much that on our first day here, after taking things out from boxes and arranging them in my new room (which is not an easy job, i might add), i obeyed when dad told me to change into a pair of jeans and go buy some toilet paper and milk. An odd combination. Then this muddy pathway made me slip. And if a God does exist, he will show mercy and not stain my dark blue jeans.

Oh well, it's not like i didn't expect these kind of things to happen to me.

But a strong, muscular hand caught my weak, skinny one and saved me from the ground before i got the chance to fall down. I closed both of my eyes and exhaled, I believe! I believe!. I fixed a smile and looked up to my hero.

His face is as young as a 16 year old boy but looking at his muscular figure i'd guess he's around 20-ish. His expression is troubled with a slight annoyance but it softens when he saw me smile. "Hey," He said, guiding me to stand up properly and letting go of his grip, "Not used to the muddy path, aren't we?"

I let out a soft laugh straightening out the white tank-top underneath my dark green sweater. "Yeah," I replied, "I'm new here, it's our first day actually".

"Yeah," he nodded, eyes narrowed in a serious expression, hands folded, "noticed that because it seems i haven't seen you before. Oh, and you said 'our', who else is here?"

"Just me and my father, Arthur, Arthur Andrews." I answered, "See that house? Beside the big tree with the swing?" I tucked a strand of hair behind my left ear, pointing at a house a few meters away from us, the walls red. "bought it yesterday"

The boy repeated his expression earlier, "Yeah, my father did say something alongside the lines of 'Something Andrews who's moving here today' this morning." He shrugged, "I think our fathers have known each other already".

"And i'll say it's time for their kids to do the exact thing! Hi, i'm Alana" I gave out my hand, grinning up at him.

He laughed heartily, which makes his handsome face more adorable, "Where are my manners, I'm Jacob, Jacob Black," he shook my hand with his, looking like his hand is consuming mine, looking at the size of it. "My father's Billy, and we live not far from here."

I whistled, "Nice to know somebody before i enter school next week… Um," I stared at him from head to toe, stopping a mere second at his toned abs, and back to his face. Thank you for not bothering to wear a shirt on this godforsaken day, Mr Black. It has been an awesome entertainment. "That is... if you do go to school. You're a senior, right?".

Jacob grins widely, showing a perfect pack of white teeth. You could tell the age topic excites him, instead of answering he asked me right back, "How old are you?"

"I'm seventeen… in the next month" I admitted sheepishly. Not daring to look at his goofy face, i played with my dark brown hair instead.

"Then, wouldn't it amaze you if you know that in one month you'll be the same age as mine?" he said in a teasing voice.

"No way!!!" I exclaimed looking up, surprised. "But, but, you look...."

"Ravishing? Awesome? Delicious? Handsome? Adorable? Mature??" he babbled.

I blinked, "No. Younger. Almost kid-like". Then i broke into massive satisfied laughter, pointing at his flushed face.

"You're mean, Alana Andrews. You are sixteen, and you are mean." he said covering his face with his massive hands, "By the way, where are you going to before your feet decided to betray you and slip?"

"Shoot!!", I mentally slapped myself, the groceries! "My -my dad told me to get toilet paper and milk, and now look! I spent like, 12 minutes here slipping and talking to you! Thanks for the distraction, Jake!" ignoring him completely i walk fastly ahead. And thanks to my luck, in a few steps i lost my balance once again.

Jacob was there beside me in a second, lightly pushing my arm so that i could stand up straight again. "Maybe for now you should exchange those flats to sneakers. Or better, rubber boots," he teased with a smile.

I narrowed my eyes at him, "who's mean now? Fine, i'll look for some at the mini market. And you're following me why?"

"Well excuuuuse me! I'm not the one who's falling every 5 minutes! It is an obligation for me to walk with you and guide you all the way there and back. Besides, it's getting dark," he stated smartly. His words made me look up to the sky. It is almost dark. The sun is slowly disappearing, darkness consuming it. Where i'm from, we see sunsets from the beach all the time. And man, isn't it a beauty. But here, looking up to the sky through the high trees, we could still see the beauty.

"Awesome, huh?" i looked to my right to see Jacob looking up as well, also admiring the sky.

I nodded, "yeah, that's something you don't see in California everyday, and if we continue walking like this, we'll hit a tree in less than 3 minutes." As if on cue, i tripped on a small rock. "Or less," I added.

Jacob looked at me with disgust written on his face, not bothering to help me when i tried to clean up the back of my shoe, "God don't you remind me of someone," he shook his head, as if getting rid of the thought inside his head. You won't understand a guy's moodswings.

We stayed in an awkward silence for a couple of minutes, then i decided to break the silence, "Um, Jake?" he is still looking forward, walking in rhythmic steps. And i made a mental note to ask him later why am I, the one wearing a sweater is freezing and he, who is topless looks completely fine. "Ja-a-ake," I whined, getting his attention, "You know? Maybe you think you're all strong and all that shit, but you must pay attention to us, the little fragile cute looking ones."

"Huh?" he lifted one of his thick eyebrows.

"Um, that the feeling of having a big, scary guy, with a kid face mad at you, is not a good feeling. At all." I stopped mid sentence, "especially for a girl a foot shorter than you, namely me. Damn we should've moved to Vancouver" I said the last part in a big whisper.

Jacob tilted his head back and laughed, "I like you, Al. And no, you're not bothering me at all. Hey," he seems to remember something. "I guess maybe the bus driver had told you this, but i'll make it more personal. Welcome to La Push, Ms Andrews".
♠ ♠ ♠
it's short, and boring. and that's why i sorta hate first chapters :p but i really hope you will like the next chapters, and by that i suggest you to comment, comment, and comment! :D :D :D for the love of Paul???

hee hee, so whaddya say? :) i need feedback! and the more comments there is, the sooner Paul will appear!!!

subscribe! comment!
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ A